• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Application Issues

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"I'm 37 and completed an initial program within the last thirty days. Moreover, my certificate now mentions some aircraft called the ERJ-190. You suppose I have a chance?"

No.

Just Kidding

The outsourced recruiting is equivalent to throwing a dart at a dart board.

Honestly, I don't think they care that you have some aircraft called the ERJ-190 on your certificate.
Just my opinion.

I agree, it seems pretty random.

I was hired ten months ago and I don't remember seeing a requirement for passing initial training within the past five years. My previous initial on a new aircraft was seven years prior to my interview. Is it a new requirement?

I don't know if it's a requirements, but it's one of the questions they ask.

I think the big filters are: College Degree, Initial training within the past five years and 400 hours within the last 12 months.

Good luck to all that are applying.

I am dead in the water as I don't have 400hrs in the last 12 months. Got the rejection email last month. Time to move on.

I haven't been dumped from the system as far as I can tell, nor have I received the rejection email....but I as of lately I'm not able to upload new resumes for updates. I have done the PDF attachment method and the built in resume-builder, but nothing seems to change when you click on the link to view your current résumé on file. I realize this doesn't exactly answer the posted question here...but you're not the only experiencing application/resume problems.

I tried it with Google Chrome initially but switched to Internet Explorer with no avail. Anything else you can suggest?

Thanks for the other updates, guys.

What actual error message are you getting (if any)? Have you tried Firefox?

There are guys I know who haven't been through initial, however they have gotten typed/upgraded in that time frame and got called for an interview

USAirways pickiness will bite them. When the others start hiring they won't be able to keep up.

From what I am hearing from VERY credible sources, is that the training requirement WILL be changed. The original requirement may have had merrit, but it is being disproven as more and more of the senior pilots upgrade and change equipment. Everyone has been stagnant at USAirways for quite some time, and now the "elderly" are starting to move again. My neighbor is a prime example of this- 25 years in the left seat of the 737, and has just recently completed 75/76 training for the left seat. They're finally figuring it's up to the pilot and personal capability, rather than stereotype and numberical magic when it comes trainability.

What actual error message are you getting (if any)? Have you tried Firefox?

I didn't get an error message, but when you get to the screen with the three options to upload a resume, cut-and-paste, or 'build' you resume, I've selected the upload option, try uploading the document, and hit 'next' or 'continue' option. The following screen gives you the link to view the resume they "now" have on file for you. No changes take.

When I re-submitted my application after they were dumped a week ago, the system recognized me and filled in a lot of the blanks. All I had to really do was the questionnaire over again. I then just quickly did the resume build option, because I didn't have my resume document handy (the screen told you that you could return anytime and upload another document later). So much for that.

I think that the previous poster was correct in saying that until the "window" opens again, what's on there is on there- and likely no changes can be made. That's my conclusion. But I'll keep trying!

US Airways tech dept is not the best in the industry, this is the same dept that put 40Gb hard drives in the KIOSH and partioned it at 6GB. Having moved to Windows XP when Microsoft started sending out windows updates those 6gb hard drives were overnight FULL. Thus the kiosk would not boot. Those asking about using other browsers give me a break. If the IDOT ID dept partiions a 40GB hard drive at 6gb they probably have no idea how to write code for other browsers other than Microsoft IE. Last time I checked a US Airways computer they were still on IE6. Currently most home users were using IE8 or IE9. Also they are NOT setup for OFFICE 2010. So this could be part of your problem. IT depts squeeze the last dime out of an operating system. Microsoft no longer supports WindowsXP and I would almost bet US AIRWAYS is still using it. Butpaying thru the NOSE for support.

Latest resources

Back