Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

WSurf

The Smack Down!
Now that US Airways is represented by USAPA and now will be in need for cash, anyone think they will soon be coming to PSA/PDT to join them?

I doubt it. 2% of regional paycheck doesn't go to far in the running of a union. What percent of the F/Os have even been there a year?

I doubt it. 2% of regional paycheck doesn't go to far in the running of a union. What percent of the F/Os have even been there a year?

Two percent of a little bit is still a lot more than two percent of nothing.

Now that US Airways is represented by USAPA and now will be in need for cash, anyone think they will soon be coming to PSA/PDT to join them?

I hope they do so we can tell them what a bunch of d-bags we really think they are.

I hope they do so we can tell them what a bunch of d-bags we really think they are.

What guys are you referring to? The first group of ALPA guys are the ones that have been hosing the WOed for years. Now they are finally gone are you really going to direct all the hate to the new group before you even talk to them?
If you just want to hate Airways just because, more power to you. I just want to point out that if you hate Airways because of how the WO have been treated, just make sure you direct the hate to the parties responsible. ALPA

Its the same group of guys period. If you think they ********************ed you under alpa, usapa won't be any different.

It's an interesting question. It seems like being in the
same national union was like a conflict of interest
for the wholly-owneds, because you had to pay dues
to the same national union that mainline paid dues to. And your interests were at odds.

A good start...

...for USAPA would be getting PSA and PDT onboard, then fairly integrating the lists into a single list.

For example, merge PSA and PDT with DOH, fencing each group apart for 3 years with a stipulation that a pilot from one pilot group may not displace another out of their seat and domicile (for example, 18 year PDT captain in MDT couldn't displace a 6 year PSA CRJ captain in DAY to FO). Staple that merged Express list to the bottom of mainline. Express pilots would be fenced out of mainline seats for 5 years, at which point their longevity would be based upon "date of staple" and they could bid wherever they could hold. Mainline pilots would be fenced out of Express seats for 5 years as well, except in the event of furlough...in which case the very bottom of the list goes first. After the "date of staple", all newhires to US Airways go to an Express carrier.

And yes I realize there would still be CHQ/REP, TSA, Colgan and AWAC still out there as USX...but it'd be a hell of a start of "mainline" recapturing their previously sold flying.

YES there would be pain and sacrifice for some short-term, but the long-term gain to all involved pilots would be HUGE. No more roadblocks to Express flying the CRJ900 or the Q400.

I also know there's no chance in hell of it happening...

Last edited:
...for USAPA would be getting PSA and PDT onboard, fairly integrating the lists (for example, fencing mainline pilots off USX seats and vice versa except in furlough situation) and securing a modicum of brand scope within the US Express brand.

Sure there would still be CHQ/REP, TSA, Colgan and of course AWAC still out there...but it'd be a hell of a start of "mainline" recapturing their previously sold flying.

USAPA could really make ALPA look bad if it could pull this off.....Just imagine what that would do to ALPA if USAPA could pull off a single list and brand scope.....That would be the end of ALPA.....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back