• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airline Pilots Association and the WO's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
USAPA could really make ALPA look bad if it could pull this off.....Just imagine what that would do to ALPA if USAPA could pull off a single list and brand scope.....That would be the end of ALPA.....

I'm one of those supposed "ALPA cheerleaders", but I agree 100% with you...it would make ALPA National and their current/past policies look bad.

That said, in order for it to work, AAA/AWA/PDT/PSA pilots alike would have to make short-term sacrifices for (in my mind) huge long-term gain...and we all know how often that happens.

I think that it would be interesting to see what USAPA says that they could offer us. The problem would be convincing the bottom half of our list that have worn their alpa lanyards since day 1 that this would be a good move. I believe the top half would like to see some change. (I am on the bottom half but do not wear an alpa lanyard.)

I don't think that the same union should represent Mainline and the WO's.
If was a conflict of interest before and it will be after.
Some people don't care to go to Mainline. Well not US Air Mainline anyway. 10 years reserve in PHL isn't very appealing. Nor is the pay cut.
Keep us seperate. I don't want any 20 year mainline pilot having any say in my future. Cause they will sell us out in a heartbeat.

There are a few scenarios that could play out. All of them involve lawsuits.

If any PDT or PSA pilot thinks that a mainline pilot, specifically East pilot will ever have your best interest in mind, I've got a bridge I'd like to sell you. I was in that top half of the list at PDT, and I don't think that many would be stupid enough to entertain the idea of letting USAPA in. Doesn't matter what kind of snake oil the big boys try to sell you, it's the same garbage the AAA MEC was spewing.

Last edited:
Doesn't matter what kind of snake oil the big boys try to sell you, it's the same garbage the AAA MEC was spewing.

Now why do you have to go ahead and blame the guys who actually were the problem? Get on the SS Scapegoat and enjoy Kool-Aid flavored USAPAtinis on the Ledo Deck. Isaac is darned good at serving it up while you fire your blame-throwers akimbo like Cheney versus quail....

I see some very complicated, yet pretty sensible solutions to WSurf's question. The main idea here is the main idea needs to change.

In order for that to occur, not only shall Hell be scientifically proven, it will also be recorded at 32F all the time. Seriously- too many variables. Read: Too many different interests (pilots), still clashing over the same old stuff.

I'm very interested to see how the first few months of this new union's childhood turn out.

I'm very interested to see how the first few months of this new union's childhood turn out.

I think it will be interesting too, And I think J41's comment that the same Union shouldn't represent both groups is a good call.

However I think ALPA will be just a bit more sympathetic to our needs then in the past.

Shouldn't be just interesting, it should be damn interesting what happens.

Sorry Sig,

I've just never been a USAPAtini fan.

Now why do you have to go ahead and blame the guys who actually were the problem? Get on the SS Scapegoat and enjoy Kool-Aid flavored USAPAtinis on the Ledo Deck. Isaac is darned good at serving it up while you fire your blame-throwers akimbo like Cheney versus quail....

But you have to admit, that was damn funny!

Sig, haven't scared the hell out of yourself and your partner yet while cruisnin in the Leftseat have you? LOL.

Last edited:
Sorry Sig,

I've just never been a USAPAtini fan.

Congrats on the boy!!!!!!! Atleast with a boy you only have to worry about one penis.

Now by me having a girl, I gotta worry about everyones Penis!!!!!

Sig, haven't scared the hell out of yourself and your partner yet while cruisnin in the Leftseat have you? LOL.

Not yet, but hope springs eternal! We haven't cruised anywhere yet; dang plane seems to have a bunch of stuff go way wrong after every takeoff! It's been great so far- and I mean it. First LOFT in a couple of hours.

Congrats again, OPEC! What, you aren't a yeller-lanyard USAPAtini sipper? Fire up the Assess-O-Matic, we gots legal bills a-comin!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back