Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Bake

I LIKE THE GEEZER METER!!
US Airways Group Inc. told investors this week it ended 2008 in the red and plans to cut capacity this year.
The Tempe, Ariz.-based carrier, the second-busiest at Port Columbus International Airport, said in a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission that it expects to trim domestic mainline capacity by as much as 8 percent over the year. Total mainline capacity, which includes international flights, will be reduced by as much as 6 percent, the airline said.
US Airways, one of many carriers hit hard last year by high fuel prices and the global economic crisis, also said it plans to report a loss for 2008. The company didn’t disclose how much it fell into the red for the year but for the first nine months of 2008, it showed a $1.7 billion net loss.
The airline separately announced that December traffic dipped by 1.1 percent compared with the year before, bringing its full-year decline to 1.1 percent as well.

I have been furloughed for 4 mos. so the exact #s are not in my cranium, but...
1) The contractual fleet minimums are very very close to what the airline is operating with right now.

2) Mis-Management jes got caught operating 17 Large/small/medium/pequino big/grande/super-sized/jeeessss right RJ's above the contractual limit of 93.

These two facts make such the proposition of reducing ASM's not a simple endeavor. I guess you could operate at the appropriate fleet minimums and simply fly them less often, but wif dinojuice so cheap, that is stoopid. (I know, this only makes it more likely to be considered by the US Steel Airways)

I hope these obstacles are not used as bargaining chips/bait for USAPA to secure DOH and a sheite contract rubber stamp renewal!

I expect mgmt will employ all of some of the following tactics: obfuscation of facts/evidence, delaying maneuvers, blatantly violating contractual limits while expecting to be forced to pay a small portion of damages for same. I am confident in these opinions because they have all been employed as routinely as Dougwiser's bar tab and DUI attorney.

I hope these obstacles are not used as bargaining chips/bait for USAPA to secure DOH and a sheite contract rubber stamp renewal!

I wouldn't bet my career on it. Then again, what's the big deal...USAPA is more than willing to do that for me.

US Airways Group Inc. told investors this week it ended 2008 in the red and plans to cut capacity this year.
The Tempe, Ariz.-based carrier, the second-busiest at Port Columbus International Airport, said in a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission that it expects to trim domestic mainline capacity by as much as 8 percent over the year. Total mainline capacity, which includes international flights, will be reduced by as much as 6 percent, the airline said.
US Airways, one of many carriers hit hard last year by high fuel prices and the global economic crisis, also said it plans to report a loss for 2008. The company didn’t disclose how much it fell into the red for the year but for the first nine months of 2008, it showed a $1.7 billion net loss.
The airline separately announced that December traffic dipped by 1.1 percent compared with the year before, bringing its full-year decline to 1.1 percent as well.

Were you surprised by this?

Just a slight threadjack:

WTF is the story with the new flight attendant uniforms? Two mainline flights last night, and both FAs were wearing what looked like cheap blue sweatshirts. No jacket, no nothing. It looked like gym class!

Were they omitting a part of the uniform, or is that it now? I honestly didn't think they could do worse than the pilot-shirt-with-blank-epaulette, but the appear to have found a way. :(

Nice flights otherwise; just wondering what's up with the new uniforms.

where've you been?
they've worn these for close to a year...they show off a 62 year old woman's breasts rather nicely.

where've you been?

First time I've seen 'em, believe it or not! Some of the other FAs were wearing a different striped uniform; that's all I recall seeing... although a good 2/3 of my US segments have been on RJs, which changes things, of course.

...they show off a 62 year old woman's breasts rather nicely.

:laugh:

Latest resources

Back