• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Air cutting capacity

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Absolutely, I flew for my parent company... whats your point? You might need to find some thicker glasses because your views are very blurry on some things MF....

Yes you did and so did I. Flew many a trip with you back then while I was there,remember? And you know as well as I do that the easties viewed us as "contract leeches" back then much like you view the RAH guys as "contract leeches" today and for much the same reason,only they were referring to their ALPA contract and how ours, while good for a regional arline, paled in comparison to theirs and which they viewed as a threat;especially after they parked and sold the F28's en-masse and used the proceeds to purchase brand new Dornier 328's that PSA flew back then. Flying for a wholly-owned didn't change that fact and that's "the point" I was trying to make. Obviously you missed it.

PHXFLYR:cool:

By the way,the new glasses should be in Friday:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yes you did and so did I. Flew many a trip with you back then while I was there,remember? And you know as well as I do that the easties viewed us as "contract leeches" back then much like you view the RAH guys as "contract leeches" today and for much the same reason,only they were referring to their ALPA contract and how ours, while good for a regional arline, paled in comparison to theirs and which they viewed as a threat;especially after they parked and sold the F28's en-masse and used the proceeds to purchase brand new Dornier 328's that PSA flew back then. Flying for a wholly-owned didn't change that fact and that's "the point" I was trying to make. Obviously you missed it.

By the way,the new glasses should be in Friday:rolleyes:

The real point is that your were/are being an @ss. 2 posts ago you tell tweaker that you misunderstood what I implied and say sorry guys... Just above in this post you say you are trying to make some other point.... SO WHICH IS IT? ARE YOU MISUNDERSTANDING SOMETHING OR TRYING TO MAKE ANOTHER POINT?
I ignored your last cheap shot in another thread figuring if I can't say some thing nice, I'll just not say anything but you are begging for it aren't you? I hope the glasses fit real snug so the next time your cranium gets inserted into the rectal void you don't need to stop and buy some lube to keep from bending the frames..... with all due respect of course. You are great guy but you really need to turn down the emotion a little and just be happy with the fact that you're are employed. I realize my cohorts in PHX are getting the shaft but I think a true professional should be able to set it aside emotional rants while he's on the job and not let it fester in him like a bad toothache.
I had many conversations during my cross country commute with both east & west crews (I didn't ever feel the need to avoid east crews while commuting because I can get along with almost anyone) and came across only a few hotheads that could discuss nothing else besides their pent up angers... ya know what? We just didn't speak or we talked about chicks or something else. Overall most of the guys quickly saw how high school things had become and didn't want to be part of the monkey throwing poop parade..... It may take forever and a day but things will eventually get settled by the courts. Then after the lawyers have raped us all, some of you (who just can't seem to let things go) can continue to further bitch about how ugly it was and how you went to battle for the cause...... yada yada ya..... (thats where my eyes will glaze over and i will try to fall asleep) So please save the bitch bites for somebody that really cares ok? I don't give a flying f about your seniority problems, especially right now not having a paycheck coming in....
Good luck with therapy because FI doesn't seem to be working for you.

PS: Personally I wear contacts because I loose fewer glasses that way when my head is in the "uplock position".....

right now not having a paycheck coming in....

PS: Personally I wear contacts because I loose fewer glasses that way when my head is in the "uplock position".....

Actually, the correct word would be "lose". See, flightinfo can work for you.

Here's the gouge to help remember: "Dude, your noose is loose!"

As long as we are correcting Capt. Z...
It is "morale" that is bad at US Steel Airways.

I am only familiar with the East, but "morals" have not been part of that operation for decades. Mis-management or the union leadership.

Sounds like you could use a drink. I would love to be able to share some of my homebrewed beer/medicine with you!

Thanks for the acknowledgement, PHX!

As long as we are correcting Capt. Z...
It is "morale" that is bad at US Steel Airways.

I am only familiar with the East, but "morals" have not been part of that operation for decades. Mis-management or the union leadership.

Sounds like you could use a drink. I would love to be able to share some of my homebrewed beer/medicine with you!

Thanks for the acknowledgement, PHX!

I'll take whatever help I can get thanks... obviously I slammed out that post in the heat of the moment and couldn't really care about the run ons or the proof reading. Think of it as a rough drafts of my foul thoughts...I'll call on you guys when I right my first book all write? (i just did that on purpose for your reading pleasure.. lol). Good thing I always get the better half to proof read my cover letters eh? Her eyes roll every time from the run on sentences.....

PS: TWEAKER YOU MISSPELLED "ACKNOWLEDGMENT" AND "HOME BREWED" IS TWO WORDZ AS FAR AS I KNOW.....
but i still got your point....
Take care my twisted friend,
Z.

US Airways Group Inc. told investors this week it ended 2008 in the red and plans to cut capacity this year.
The Tempe, Ariz.-based carrier, the second-busiest at Port Columbus International Airport, said in a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission that it expects to trim domestic mainline capacity by as much as 8 percent over the year. Total mainline capacity, which includes international flights, will be reduced by as much as 6 percent, the airline said.

question..is this announcement just investor fluff?? because they made the following statement in June 2008:

"The statement from US Airways said that, for 2009, the carrier plans to slash domestic mainline capacity by 7% to 9% compared to the 2008 levels."

So, is this an ADDITIONAL 8% in addition to the 7-9% already planned??? or is US just RE-playing the same info they already announced in JUne??

The real point is that your were/are being an @ss. 2 posts ago you tell tweaker that you misunderstood what I implied and say sorry guys... Just above in this post you say you are trying to make some other point.... SO WHICH IS IT? ARE YOU MISUNDERSTANDING SOMETHING OR TRYING TO MAKE ANOTHER POINT?
I ignored your last cheap shot in another thread figuring if I can't say some thing nice, I'll just not say anything but you are begging for it aren't you? I hope the glasses fit real snug so the next time your cranium gets inserted into the rectal void you don't need to stop and buy some lube to keep from bending the frames..... with all due respect of course. You are great guy but you really need to turn down the emotion a little and just be happy with the fact that you're are employed. I realize my cohorts in PHX are getting the shaft but I think a true professional should be able to set it aside emotional rants while he's on the job and not let it fester in him like a bad toothache.
I had many conversations during my cross country commute with both east & west crews (I didn't ever feel the need to avoid east crews while commuting because I can get along with almost anyone) and came across only a few hotheads that could discuss nothing else besides their pent up angers... ya know what? We just didn't speak or we talked about chicks or something else. Overall most of the guys quickly saw how high school things had become and didn't want to be part of the monkey throwing poop parade..... It may take forever and a day but things will eventually get settled by the courts. Then after the lawyers have raped us all, some of you (who just can't seem to let things go) can continue to further bitch about how ugly it was and how you went to battle for the cause...... yada yada ya..... (thats where my eyes will glaze over and i will try to fall asleep) So please save the bitch bites for somebody that really cares ok? I don't give a flying f about your seniority problems, especially right now not having a paycheck coming in....

Just one quick question and I promise I'll leave you alone for the rest of your time on earth. Just exactly when did you become a jacka$$ ?? Talk about emotional rants ,you seemed to have cornered the market. Like I said in a previous post "pot,meet kettle" Any doubts, just look at the highlighted portions of your post. Good luck in your job search. And congratulations on being the first FI member to be placed on my ignore list.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back