US 190 recall....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BenderGonzales said:
5 huh. Geez. Hope the training department can handle the flood of recalled pilots.

Anybody else voting to lift the age-60 retirement?

sheesh.

Yeah, but it IS about 1% of the total who'll probably come back, so all in all a nice addition if it is such.

There turned out to be 20 recalled pilots for the 190 FO position. Here's what happened...

In short, the company screwed up (imagine that). They sent out 150 letters to APL pilots. The letter stated this is a recall letter, and if you accept, you will be given a class date. 20 pilots accepted the recall from the letter. Since the letter said if they accept, they get a class date and 20 accepted, what to do? The company had a meeting with ALPA and the company's position was they were only going to take 15. But because the way the letter was worded, ALPA's position was you either take the additional 5 pilots, or if you don't have slots, furlough them and pay them furlough pay. The company eventually agreed with APLA's position and created 5 additional slots... Humm, ALPA actually helped here. Hopefully a sign of a better future? I know, but I can dream can't I... :)

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be better to be back on the property for bidding/longevity purposes than to remain on the outside looking in ? :confused:

PHXFLYR:cool:

Big pay cut plus seat lock vs current pay till accepting pay raise in better plane? Hmmmmmmm?

Also don't forget the 6 year pay cap.
Filkster

The new list came out yesterday. The junior FO on the 190 is seniority number 3381, with a DOH of 4/89.

How far is 3381 from the first 1/99 hire?

the 9/20/2006 APL doen't include everyones DOH with their name. However if you have a 1/99 doh I guess you were furloughed around 1/2/2002. The most senior guy furloughed on that date is number 4112.

so 4112-3381=731

Bender I'd guess the last recall got about 700 to 800 numbers from you.

PM me and I'll see if I can email you the 9/20/2006 apl.

I was just looking over a old seniorty list from 2001 and noticed that the senority range for people hired in 4/89 was 4342 to 4370. If the junior guy or gal recalled is a 4/89 hire and holds a sen. number of 3381 does this mean in over the last 5 years almost 1,000 pilots have retired or left the company?

Latest resources

Back