US 190 recall....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Crzipilot

Just curious, how many US furloughees are out there, and whether or not you'll take the 190 recall. Put your DOH in if you don't mind....or at least the month/year....

Anyone think it will make a difference being on property prior to arbitration on the seniority???

Bid Award 06-04 was just posted on the AAA ALPA website. There are 10 CA position ranging in seniority from #1695 (DOH 11/85) to #2294 (DOH 8/86).

The 15 FO slots don't have any names. I guess the recall procedures will take a little while...

Last edited:
**** the americawest pilots. If it wasn't for US we would all be screwed. Just ask DW or any UsAir pilot, he will tell you. We should all bow down to the superiority of the UsAir pilots. DOH will ensure our collective success. Just ask us. We will tell you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Crzipilot said:
Just curious Carl......is a AWA F/O going to want to bid a 190 f/o position?

Not this one. I would have to do 88 hrs of pay credit per bid period just to make what I am making now as a senior F/O. :eek: If I did 92 hrs of pay credit per bid period (our pay cap), I would get a $ 5300 /yr pay raise. So I really don't think so,at least for now.

PHXFLYR:cool:

BenderGonzales said:
1/99. Bypass bypass bypass until they tell me I can't bypass no more. :)

Wouldn't it be better to be back on the property for bidding/longevity purposes than to remain on the outside looking in ? :confused:

PHXFLYR:cool:

I'm not sure what you mean.

If I accept an E190 F/O spot, that would be a significant paycut from my current job. I would also be required to move or commute, get a crashpad, some kind of transportation.

So I would be commuting to reserve (most likely), increasing my living expenses, spending much more time away from my home and family, and doing it all for less money.

Why not sit at home for another couple of years and see how things shake out at the new US Airways?

It doesn't seem that it can hurt me to do so. Meanwhile they go through the list of furloughees... maybe hire a bunch of folks to staff the E190 right-seat. Then if/when I do come back as an Airbus or 737 F/O it will be to higher paying equipment, hopefully not on reserve, and with at least a few hundred people junior to me to cushion me from the next furlough. (yeah right...I had over 1000 junior to me before the last one)

I just dont see the advantage of accepting a recall until I have no other choice but to do so (if I wish to return at that time).

Now then - if you're referencing the little contractual fubar that allows people currently on the property to bid before people who are still on furlough -- and therefore if I went back I could bid vacancies in advance of people senior to me who were still on the street... I understand what you're saying, but remember, it is my goal to remain furloughed but on the list for as long as a possibly can. It's a nice insurance policy. :)

Crzipilot said:
Just curious, how many US furloughees are out there, and whether or not you'll take the 190 recall. Put your DOH in if you don't mind....or at least the month/year....

Anyone think it will make a difference being on property prior to arbitration on the seniority???

DOH Late 1988

Bypassed 2 recalls so far. I don't plan on going back unless it's a VERY Very sweet arbitration or things go downhill fast here at at JetBlue, neither of which I expect.

We do have a bunch leaving to go back to their legacies, though. I met another one yesterday afternoon.

Latest resources

Back