• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US 190 recall....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
7/99 Bypass until at least able to hold a line.

Bender would be nuts to accept recall before he absolutely has to, and probably even then!

When I was hired in 89 at AAA they said we would all be captains in 5 years,they forgot to mention what airline that would be at. Also we were hiring about 60 a month then. Had a Continental 737 Captain that was in that class with me. This is a crazy industry. Will only come back if I can't find anything better.

Bubba Dog said:
When I was hired in 89 at AAA they said we would all be captains in 5 years,they forgot to mention what airline that would be at.
That's also what "they" told us at TWA in '99. Methinks "they" can be found anywhere.

"They" told me in 97 it would be 7 years, and miracle of all miracles it actually happened at 7 years on the nose. I'm sure my story is probably in the minority though.

We should all be smart enough to know that upgrade projections are worthless. Only 2 things generate upgrades: attrition and new aircraft. Projections for either of those things more than 12 months out are nothing more than a WAG.

Crzipilot said:
Just curious Carl......is a AWA F/O going to want to bid a 190 f/o position?

No. Anyone who did that would go from making 70-90k down to about 45k. Who knows though maybe a junior fo living in Philly...

MK-82 Man had an excellent write up the other day on this topic of West FO's going east.

I've been here just under 2 years. It could go two ways. I won't be able to hold it if there is a mass migration or I'll be able to bid it and see how Jr it goes.

I won't bid it though, its just now worth it; in short: When my 3rd year pay kicks in a 190 CA slot would only make me about 13K per year more than sitting rt seat in the Bus.

Now, factor in the commute to the East. The worse work rules of the East, the need for a Crash pad and the 2 hour lower monthly guarantee... not to mention its gonna be 5 legs a day from PHL to LGA (or something) with some body in the right seat who hates me and every other guy or gal on it in the crew room crapping in my bag every other day. All that and all I'll really make is maybe $850 a month extra.

Nope, thanks; think I'll stay here a while and see what happens.

I've only done some informal polling, but so far the only FO's that I've talked to in PHX who are even considering it commute from the East Coast. So far that's 2 FO's who said maybe and it was a weak maybe at that.

BenderGonzales said:
We should all be smart enough to know that upgrade projections are worthless. Only 2 things generate upgrades: attrition and new aircraft. Projections for either of those things more than 12 months out are nothing more than a WAG.

Isn't that the truth...

Phxflyr

Have they filled those FO slots for the PHL 190 yet? I am wondering when they will have to hire off the street to staff it......

Latest resources

Back