• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US 190 recall....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll bet they have to hire off the street to staff the 190 FO slots. Starts at $41 an hour I think so not too shabby if you're a regional FO looking to go somewhere, but you might be in that seat a long long time.

Carl & Soulfly;
Let's not start the sour tour. You already have some buddies on the Yahoo finance page that sing the DOH song and make some very unfriendly comments about our pilot group. Whether you choose to accept it or not; AWA aquired US Air; took thier name and moved the NEW company to Tempe, AZ. We are not asking for a staple, just a FAIR integration of pilots (as per ALPA Merger Policy).

Many AWA FO's are not looking for the EMB190 CA slots because it is a pay decrease during training and a change for the worse in quality time.

Relax, enjoy the ride, and take a stab at who the NEXT merger partner will be.

Regards!

Hired in the spring '89. Don't think that I'll be taking the offer any time soon, and will probably wait for the final offer of take-it-or-leave-it. That's my thinking at least today.

As for the possibility of new hires taking the job, I'm just glad I won't be one of them. Can't imagine how long they'll be on the bottom of the list while others senior to them continue to keep them down when they accept a recall. It'll be a long time in the right seat of a -190 for newbies.

When I said make way for some AWA F/O's, I was talking about "CAPTAIN" slots, not E-190 F/O slots. AAA may have a bid and and a award out, but the arbitrator has not spoken yet and class has not began yet! I need a slot before I take my 767 INT. Captain slot that we got in the last agreement that kicks in PHL next year, maybe get the kids in school early out on the Mainline.

I wouldn't expect newhires on the E190 just yet. They've got a whole lot of furloughees to call first. Personally, I haven't heard a thing from them. I was hired in 1/99 and, at my peak was in the 4990s out of 6076.

No, I wouldn't. Just saying dont count on them hiring for those positions for a while -- they still have to call 1500+ furloughees (even if those folks say "no") and that's going to take time.

BenderGonzales said:
it is my goal to remain furloughed but on the list for as long as a possibly can. It's a nice insurance policy. :)

THAT my friend is good advise for ANYONE that currently has a good gig.

Latest resources

Back