• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US 190 recall....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Supposedly they got the 15 positions filled out of the 150 letters that were sent out. Not confirmed though....

grog_sit_reserve said:
I'll bet they have to hire off the street to staff the 190 FO slots. Starts at $41 an hour I think so not too shabby if you're a regional FO looking to go somewhere, but you might be in that seat a long long time.

I agree with you. I think that a lot of us regional FO's wouldn't turn it up. I know that I wouldn't. I live in CLT and if there was any chance of flying for Airways I would take it. ( would probably move back to ILM)Even if I was in the right seat for 10 years I would still be able to sit left seat for 25 more years. Yes yes yes... In a perfect world.
With that said, if I was a Capt I would still consider it after I got 1000 PIC.

BenderGonzales said:
"Even if I was in the right seat for 10 years"...

Don't know much about US Airways do ya?

LOL got that right!! 10 years will just barely get you off reserve on the junior equipment!:eek: And that was back before 2001......right now 10 years gets you a nice ALPA mag to read while on furlough!!!!

You guys are missing the point. Weather it takes 10 or 25 years to make someone a line holder. A lot of people would take a job at the majors and leave the regionals.

BlackPilot628 said:
You guys are missing the point. Weather it takes 10 or 25 years to make someone a line holder. A lot of people would take a job at the majors and leave the regionals.

Not ragging on you, just on our company....well, used to be my company.

FWIW the 190 slots have yet to reach my seniority # even with 150 letters sent out to find the 15. I figure they have 1100 or so more people to go through before the 190 goes to street hires. Best I can figure for the numbers posted is that so far the recall for the 75's and 190 (30 so far I think)so far has only gone about 300 or 400 deep to fill out of the 1500.

I know a bunch of U furloughees just got dumped back on the street by Polar..so they will probably be coming back at least for a while if called. ATA had a bunch of U guys too and many of them have hit the street a while back, I think they are still out too. Gotta figure CAL, SWA,UPS,FDX, and Jetblue account for a lot that will not return, however out of the 1500 it is probably a fairly small number.

Back when the J4J was going we had most of the guys/gals pass. Things have taken a turn for the worse for many lately, high fuel prices has shut down or cut back on the Corporate flight departments and I have talked to many that have been dealt blows because of it. Of course I only know a small segment of the 1500 personally, but the amount out there that is hunting right now is much higher than I would have thought.

Unless something changes I have my doubts that the 190 will go to street hires at least for the forseeable future.

8/99-Would not even consider right seat of the 190 if I was going to return.
Good Luck to all involved......

KeroseneSnorter said:
Not ragging on you, just on our company....well, used to be my company.

FWIW the 190 slots have yet to reach my seniority # even with 150 letters sent out to find the 15. I figure they have 1100 or so more people to go through before the 190 goes to street hires. Best I can figure for the numbers posted is that so far the recall for the 75's and 190 (30 so far I think)so far has only gone about 300 or 400 deep to fill out of the 1500.

I know a bunch of U furloughees just got dumped back on the street by Polar..so they will probably be coming back at least for a while if called. ATA had a bunch of U guys too and many of them have hit the street a while back, I think they are still out too. Gotta figure CAL, SWA,UPS,FDX, and Jetblue account for a lot that will not return, however out of the 1500 it is probably a fairly small number.

Back when the J4J was going we had most of the guys/gals pass. Things have taken a turn for the worse for many lately, high fuel prices has shut down or cut back on the Corporate flight departments and I have talked to many that have been dealt blows because of it. Of course I only know a small segment of the 1500 personally, but the amount out there that is hunting right now is much higher than I would have thought.

Unless something changes I have my doubts that the 190 will go to street hires at least for the forseeable future.

More like 220 deep that they had to go to get the 15. They always start over again on the APL and if you start with the first person available and count down 150 you go down approximately to 220. You have to exclude the ones that took the last recall,retirees,etc. That is my take on this thing. If you have other info would you please post it?

Thanks

Crzipilot said:
Supposedly they got the 15 positions filled out of the 150 letters that were sent out. Not confirmed though....

I talked to Charmane this morning about another issue, and she said she was still working on the recalls. I didn't ask her how many she had, but she is not done quite yet...

Latest resources

Back