• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS window

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The majority of new hires will be assigned ANC MD-11 or 747-400 F/O so they are looking for pilots who are familiar with heavy int'l flying out of a demanding domicile. The ball's in their court, so you really can't blame them for instituing this requirement although it does stink for many who have been patiently waiting.

I spent two hours on this and got the" thanks for applying, but we have many qualified applicants" bs message.UPS ain't nothing but a trucking company with airplanes.

Did you check the all the boxes for int'l flying? I see you have an MD-11 rating so I assume you've done all the oceanic stuff...

Fear not....

Quoted from that *other* pilot message board out there, posted today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.....
Why is it after you fill out the app, it says this next:

Congratulations! You have now completed the application for employment at UPS. The next step in the process is to schedule an appointment to come in to a UPS facility or to a recruiting location. After choosing an appointment time, you will be given directions to the facility and told what to expect at the appointment and what to bring.

The next available appointment is on:

There are no more appointments available.

We're sorry but there are no appointment times currently available. You may check back at a later time to see if more appointment times have been made available. To do this, simply return to 'My Job Inquiries' at www.upsjobs.com, select your application and then click on the Schedule button. You may now either close your browser window or click on the "Logout" link on the upper left side of the page.

from what I have been told... the air ops side of the house has been "forced" into using the same system as all other departments. Air Ops does not use that appointment feature.

Good Luck!

Ups

Got the thanks for applying message also (etc), so, should we call or stit back and wait to see if they look at our applications? Are we screwed till the next opening?

I tried to get back into my app to update some things but it wouldn't let me. Do you guys know how to?

Can't get back into your app, feel the frustration with the rest of us. I need to update my hours since I did not do the 0.3 hr/sortie conversion for military. I have 900 PIC hours and 300 IP hours, so added together equal 1200 hours PIC flying the C-17 transoceanic. Did I fill that in wrong and I did not see anywhere to upload my resume, did anyone else? So my app is on file and got the standard message that others are probably getting. I will probably go to the Air Inc conference in May to talk with their HR, would others suggest that so I can give them my full resume even if I may have screwed up on the online application? Any thoughts would help. Also trying to talk with a pilot I know for UPS. I feel very frustrated since I have waited the last two months to get it in. Thanks for the help.

I have bad news for the regional guys... As I stated before, the discussion regarding two different types of application submissions has become a reality.

The window for Heavy Oceanic Crossing type pilots is now open.

There will be a application window for guys with Regional/Less than heavy, Oceanic crossing time. When that window will opened will be based on demand. Currently, UPS needs the Heavy Oceanic crossing type pilots to be able to fill those position in ANC and fly the MD-11 and the 747-400. One thing is for sure, if you are applying to UPS now, you will be moving to ANC Alaska...

If you dont have the type of flying time that UPS needs now, just be patient and hopefully, UPS will open the window to all types of aviators soon...

Again, Good Luck everyone...
BBDC8

BIGBROWNDC8 said:
One thing is for sure, if you are applying to UPS now, you will be moving to ANC Alaska...
Is that REALLY all there is when you get assigned in training? I'm debating what to do, if I could avoid ANC I would be more inclinded to apply. Commuting out of there would be impossible.

Latest resources

Back