UPS window

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

"Welcome to the UPS Pilot Hiring Hotline. Today is Monday, February 12."...

It's been that way since, well... 2.12.07.

Keep checking, and let us know if it opens up.

I will.
cliff
YIP

The only thing you can do is continue to check, they have created some unique elusive system. I have no idea what the brain trust in SDF is thinking...I take that back they aren't thinking.

I spoke to one of their recruiters at the AIR INC seminar back in Jan. He said that the problem was that they hired some outside firm to start the app screening process and that they have royally screwed it up. He said that its going to take quite a while to fix it.

I spoke to one of their recruiters at the AIR INC seminar back in Jan. He said that the problem was that they hired some outside firm to start the app screening process and that they have royally screwed it up. He said that its going to take quite a while to fix it.

Why not just FIRE THEM and make do for themselves? Get this show on the road and stop the "INSANITY" of purging our apps every 7 mos to a year.:crying: Cmon Mr. D, make things happen!

Phil Donahue is on vacation currently so dont expect anything to happen this week or until he gets back. When he gets back (Im not sure when hes returns to work) look for two things to happen:

1. Discussions between ATL and HR have centered around the "possibility" of a two tier application system being put into place, one for "Heavy, Wide Body" drivers and one for all the others.

2. The app window will open and it will remain open for a specific period of time. The time limit will be set to open for a longer period of time than in the recent past so that a pilot who is out on an Intl trip can get home say a month from now and get his/her app in. (there have also been discussion about keeping the window open all the time, v/s setting a specific time period, but that decision has not been made yet)

Hope this helps

Good Luck to all applying...
BBDC8

Hey all, The Application window is open... Looking for guys with heavy (big pond crossing) experience...

Read my previous post, I only post good info... from good sources...

Good luck to all who apply and I'll cya at the Training Center...

BBDC8

Hi!

Just tried to apply. I meet all the mins EXCEPT FE Written (I got it in 1991, and I'm working on it again, but I haven't taken it again yet.

The software kicked me out. If you don't answer ALL min questions as yes, I assume you will get kicked out also. I'm studying for the FE Written TODAY!!!

cliff
YIP

I got in today and it accepted my application. It then thanked me but said I wouldn't be considered further. It must have an automatic scoring system to determine how viable you are even if you meet the mins.

Just curious why does UPS hire this way? Have they had problems with new hires with no heavy int'l experience such as accidents or incidents? Have they had high failure rates with new hires in the MD11?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Latest resources

Back