Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS wannabe's.... UPS is toying with you, seeing how "bad" you want it.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Aircraft out of ONT... everything flys out of there but officially its a 757/767 Domicile

Aircraft out of MIA... 757/767 Domicile but gets traffic from the A300, DC8 (occasionally) and the 727

If you had an application that you keep updating from 2006, you are wasting your time... UPS PR will never check that file again... You must re-apply for FY2007. I am not sure when the window will open back up, but my advice is to check it everyday or as much as you can.

BBDC8

800-241-2357 Call this number frequently, it will tell you when the window re-opens. Good luck, FNG FIT59

Aircraft out of ONT... everything flys out of there but officially its a 757/767 Domicile

Aircraft out of MIA... 757/767 Domicile but gets traffic from the A300, DC8 (occasionally) and the 727

If you had an application that you keep updating from 2006, you are wasting your time... UPS PR will never check that file again... You must re-apply for FY2007. I am not sure when the window will open back up, but my advice is to check it everyday or as much as you can.

BBDC8

I can confirm BBDC8's last point and add to it. If you are updating your app, it's the 2006 app and like BBDC8 said, it will never be looked at again - you are wasting your time. If you've submitted an app for 2007, it CANNOT be updated, just a function of the program. I went up to talk to HR today and that is the word I got.

I can confirm BBDC8's last point and add to it. If you are updating your app, it's the 2006 app and like BBDC8 said, it will never be looked at again - you are wasting your time. If you've submitted an app for 2007, it CANNOT be updated, just a function of the program. I went up to talk to HR today and that is the word I got.
Is this permanent or is a fix on the way?

Weird...

If you've submitted an app for 2007, it CANNOT be updated, just a function of the program. I went up to talk to HR today and that is the word I got.

This app thing is truly a mystery - 1) misleading info in 2006 when trying to update an app and getting a msg stating your info has been added, when in fact all your info has been dropped, 2) allowing updates of 2006 apps in 2007 when the 2006 apps are useless, 3) peek-a-boo application opportunities, and...

4) It sure looked like I was able to update my 2007 app today. Perhaps the above post reflects that HR doesn't review any updates to the apps, and that you get one shot at it...

Is this permanent or is a fix on the way?

Not sure if a fix is on the way but the person I talked to said HR isn't happy that applications can't be updated. They never intended for that to happen and I gathered that they are working on a fix. HR didn't realize people wouldn't be unable to update when the changes were made to the system. Does that answer your question?

This app thing is truly a mystery - 1) misleading info in 2006 when trying to update an app and getting a msg stating your info has been added, when in fact all your info has been dropped, 2) allowing updates of 2006 apps in 2007 when the 2006 apps are useless, 3) peek-a-boo application opportunities, and...

4) It sure looked like I was able to update my 2007 app today. Perhaps the above post reflects that HR doesn't review any updates to the apps, and that you get one shot at it...

I asked the update question because a friend of mine said he is able to update his 2007 app. She said he's actually updating his 2006 app because 2007 app's are "unupdatable" - I made up that word. So I guess my friend has been wasting his time updating his app the past month or so. This new system is crazy. Once your 2007 app is in and you've got confirmation that it was submitted, it will always be "in the running" when they poll the computer for future interviews. Unfortunately your time's aren't as accurate as the could be. As I said above, they aren't happy that you can't update you app. I hope it changes soon.

Latest resources

Back