Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS wannabe's.... UPS is toying with you, seeing how "bad" you want it.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
via con dios

Upsers and all:

What PDA/cellphone works best for international roaming, video, email, and COMPANY CALENDER DOWNLOADS. Maybe even Computer Logbook programs.
I'm looking at the Palm680, the BB8800, and the BlackJack.

All from Cingular, I know. But open for suggestions.

Probably should have started a new thread for this...
350c

via con dios? No, I'd much rather say hello...

Re: 2-week notice

I got a call from PM congratulating me on being hired and then she asked if I could get my medical done within the next 2-days or so? This way they’d be able to put me in a class starting just 8 days later.

I was suprised because the call came just 2 days after my interview and I was about to start a new sequence at my previous airline. I said, “if you need me in that class I WILL get my medical within the next 2-days BUT I will have to call in sick as I am on an employee bus heading to work. Also, they’ve treated me well and if at all possible I’d love to give them a 2-week notice. But if you need me, I’ll be there!"

She said, "oh no, we don’t want you to call in sick, just call me as soon as you get back from your trip and we’ll schedule your medical then."

I did, and my class started 2 weeks later than initially planned. On the bright side, I got a window seat, versus the panel I was scheduled for. I’d have taken ANY seat offered of course.

PM was very understanding when I mentioned the 2-week notice to my employer so I actually think that in a way they do care some. I’m not sure, I’m just happy to be here!

Also, I just got a Treo 700p (verizon) and am looking for the same kind of info you are. Any suggestions? (in english please! :))

⌐⌐⌐⌐⌐;1262314 said:
via con dios? No, I'd much rather say hello...

Re: 2-week notice

I got a call from PM congratulating me on being hired and then she asked if I could get my medical done within the next 2-days or so? This way they’d be able to put me in a class starting just 8 days later.

I was suprised because the call came just 2 days after my interview and I was about to start a new sequence at my previous airline. I said, “if you need me in that class I WILL get my medical within the next 2-days BUT I will have to call in sick as I am on an employee bus heading to work. Also, they’ve treated me well and if at all possible I’d love to give them a 2-week notice. But if you need me, I’ll be there!"

She said, "oh no, we don’t want you to call in sick, just call me as soon as you get back from your trip and we’ll schedule your medical then."

I did, and my class started 2 weeks later than initially planned. On the bright side, I got a window seat, versus the panel I was scheduled for. I’d have taken ANY seat offered of course.

PM was very understanding when I mentioned the 2-week notice to my employer so I actually think that in a way they do care some. I’m not sure, I’m just happy to be here!

Also, I just got a Treo 700p (verizon) and am looking for the same kind of info you are. Any suggestions? (in english please! :))

I am not saying that I disagree with your reasoning. It seems well thought out and you seem like a stand up guy. But what if your capt upgrade is delayed 6 months because you were in a class 2 weeks later as a newhire? That could cost you a bunch of money! Would you have any regrets if that happened? Would have calling in sick and quitting without 2 weeks notice really been that big of a hardship on your previous airline? No need to answer, I'm just trying to bring the point up.

Not to mention schedule bidding, vacation bidding, a furlough, all the good things that seniority buys us. Oh well, at least he'll have Karma in his side

Not to mention schedule bidding, vacation bidding, a furlough, all the good things that seniority buys us. Oh well, at least he'll have Karma in his side

Good post. Karma is underrated. Way too many self-righteous type-A personalities on this forum who will give their two cents. Listen to your heart not your wallet.

Latest resources

Back