• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks Mega... I'm challenged, but I try. :D

PS When you gunna grow a pair and fly with me? :p

BBB

I like when people say to me, “I’m a people person, that’s why I fly people”. I like to reply, “How do you talk to people with that STEAL door between you and the people? Do you do the cup and string thing?” Or, “When did TSA start letting the hot blonde sit on your lap for landings????

I like when people say to me, “I’m a people person, that’s why I fly people”. I like to reply, “How do you talk to people with that STEAL door between you and the people?

I just think they are an idiot. Have fun with all those annoying people.

I am a people person too.....when I am off of work. People have crazy expectations, they are annoying and, worst of all, every time I am in an airline terminal or on an airplane, I see at least one a$$wipe throw their garbage on the floor which PISSES ME OFF SO MUCH I JUST CAN'T TAKE IT! Yes, I am anal retentive about littering but seeing that go on makes me hate people with a passion.

...That multiple day stuff is not for me, they can have it. Give me one leg to the bar in some foreign land...

Yeah baby, one leg to the bar in some foreign land all the way! ...Wait a minute, does ANC, Alaska, or MIA, Florida count? :beer:

Say hi to the RedRoof Maffia :D if you're ever there! ...(the link is a little slow to download).

See what 2 weeks with NO flyin' at Red Roof will do to you!? ;)

...Work enviornment-If your "friend" is a people-person and enjoys frequent contact with the public, he'd probably be happier at SW. If he's more of a loner-type and enjoys relative solitude, air frieght will be more to his liking...

I agree with some of your points but I think you’re definitely stereotyping people here. C’mon are you seriously implying that cargo pilots overall are more of a “loner-type and enjoy relative solitude…?” Man, I’m yet to fly with that “loner type” here at UPS; everyone I’ve been around seems to be very outgoing and definitely fits the “people’s person” mantra. I think you’re trying so hard to come up with differences between the two carriers that you revert to creating your own differences in areas where they frankly do not exist. You’ll find the introverts and the extroverts at both carriers.

And I must say BBB’s summary of passenger interaction at SWA and other pax airlines is right on the money! (I flew passengers myself until fairly recently)

If by "people-person" you mean the quality daily interaction a SWA pilot has with the local TSA rent-a-cop sniffing his morning breath in hopes of catching another Smirnoff chugger... well then I agree.

With the possible exception of his contact with the Big Mac order taker or the thrilling conversation with Bubba the Cessna know-it-all on his walk through the terminal, the SWA guy and the loner freight psycho have about the same human interaction on the job. Hint: there's a big metal door they now close during flight.
BBB

Well, since we are talking about pro and cons of pax and cargo flying here, yet another reason (albeit a very tiny reason) to chose cargo is the “lower” risk of contracting a disease from a passenger. This didn’t happen at SWA but it could’ve. Of course, it could’ve happened at any carrier but I think the risks are higher at passenger versus cargo carriers when it comes to this.

...I see at least one a$$wipe throw their garbage on the floor which PISSES ME OFF SO MUCH I JUST CAN'T TAKE IT! Yes, I am anal retentive about littering but seeing that go on makes me hate people with a passion.

Sorry Mega, I did look for the trash can but couldn't find one. Now, would you PLEASE stop dumping trash into my V-file?

Last edited:

Well, since we are talking about pro and cons of pax and cargo flying here,

AV8OR... let's not forget the thrilling and always well-received quality "people interaction" the prostate-enlarging button pushers up front get when they repeatedly call the #1 to block the door so they can take a leak each hour on their transcon. It's surely a minor nuisance in the grand scheme of life... but one I'm happy I don't confront after a night of hydrating followed by a morning pot of coffee. :eek:

BBB

AV8OR... let's not forget the thrilling and always well-received quality "people interaction" the prostate-enlarging button pushers up front get when they repeatedly call the #1 to block the door so they can take a leak each hour on their transcon. It's surely a minor nuisance in the grand scheme of life... but one I'm happy I don't confront after a night of hydrating followed by a morning pot of coffee. :eek:

BBB

Yeah, I almost forgot this wonderful passenger-side "perk."

Ding!
- Hello? This is La Tasha, what do you need?
- Hey, is anyone using the restroom?
- Yeah, but I'll let you know when it's not being used, ok?
- Hmm, ok...

Ding! Ding! Ding! :erm:
- Oh, sorry I forgot, yeah it's available now, are you ready...Oh, and a passenger wants to know the name of the lake we just flew over? (EWR-MYR ;))
- Well, it was the eh...Atlantic...Lake?

Oh, the memories! Gosh I miss the "people interaction" sooo much...:laugh:

Last edited:
I do have to say the only people I ever flew were the U.S. Military. Mostly back and forth to Middle East. I enjoyed doing that, bringing these guys and girls’ home was great. Bringing them over for their second and sometimes third tour was not. Nothing more I enjoyed then going in the back to talk to them. Hear the stories and see the pictures and even some movies. Or to see the joy that them and their families enjoyed when they embraced each other after the deployment. As far as I’m concerned, those were the best and the only people I would want to fly. Otherwise load up the back of this baby with boxes.

Semper Fi Devil Dogs!!

Latest resources

Back