Ups Vs Swa

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey AirWilly,

He called from Osaka today so probably not much longer. He goes to Hono a couple times next month but other than that is on the downhill slide. You still going to ANC?

Yeah baby, one leg to the bar in some foreign land all the way! ...Wait a minute, does ANC, Alaska, or MIA, Florida count? :beer:

Say hi to the RedRoof Maffia :D if you're ever there! ...(the link is a little slow to download).

See what 2 weeks with NO flyin' at Red Roof will do to you!? ;)

Dude

I told you not to use my picture on the T-shirt! Thats me on the lower picture after a 10 day stint at the Roof. I miss those days so much I'll be there the first week of Sept. (RSCA stuff)

Take it easy

HB

One trip to the Pac Rim and your Mr Foreign Land man. When do you get back?

I see why us junior guys can't hold these lines. The bad news is that I'll weigh about 12 pounds more when I get back from all of the catering out here.

I'll be back on the 1st from ANC, I'll give you a call.

Dude, I told you not to use my picture on the T-shirt! Thats me on the lower picture after a 10 day stint at the Roof.

I know - and that's your "good" picture - I can only imagine what you must look like now... :eek:

I miss those days so much I'll be there the first week of Sept. (RSCA stuff)

You must have bid it, huh? Hopefully I'll recognize you if I run into you at the Roof :laugh: Have fun at Michael J’s!

A few questions:

Are most new hires going to ANC?

How junior/undesirable is ONT reserve? Is it that bad even if you live there? Just bad trips or what?

Is the oceanic requirement going to remain when the window opens again?

Any word on the number of new hires over the next couple of years?

Thanks.

A few questions:
Are most new hires going to ANC?

- Well, it depends on which class we’re talking about? They’ve had classes where almost all the pilots went there and they’ve had classes where almost everyone ended up in ONT or SDF - so who knows? I’d say a large portion of new-hires have been going to ANC but the vast majority of them had heavy, transoceanic experience from the past. So if you have that - your chances of ending up in ANC do increase; otherwise you might end up in any domicile and on any aircraft UPS flies.

How junior/undesirable is ONT reserve? Is it that bad even if you live there? Just bad trips or what?

That bad? :confused: Huh? If you live at your domicile it cannot get any better. One of my classmates lives around ONT and he bids reserve only and he loves it! Heck, I just flew with a captain who hadn’t flown for 2+ months, like I said if you live here it’s great. I noticed reserve seems to be going a little more senior now but if you want it, you can probably get it.

Is the oceanic requirement going to remain when the window opens again?

Who knows? The rumor is the requirement was just there temporarily because the feds were concerned about the company pairing new-hires without international experience with brand new captains. Personally, I hope they’ll waive that requirement soon.

Any word on the number of new hires over the next couple of years?

No one knows but it doesn’t really matter until you’re one of them, does it? So don’t delay, apply as soon as soon as the application window reopens. Good luck!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back