Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
1800 RVR said:
Hey LLB and Dogrocket,

Obviously Ready2Fly is a total flaimbaiter. Way to go on a nonemotional, yet to the point, reply. As for potential numbers for newhires, I hope they are true. Keep hangin' in there. I think it sucks that you all are still in there (yeah, I haven't forgotten about you too, bohnzai), but I hope UPS does at least one thing honorably, and that is to drain the pool.

A total flamebaiter, and on your seniority list as well. He doesn't spread much goodwill for UPS jumpseaters.

freightdogfred said:
A total flamebaiter, and on your seniority list as well. He doesn't spread much goodwill for UPS jumpseaters.

No I'm not a UPS pilot, wish I was, but I'm just a well informed CFI.

It doesn't matter if he is a pilot for UPS or not. This is just an internet message board that some people take seriously, and some that like to stir up the muck. Personally, I'm not a fan of Ready2Fly, but to go and say that he is representative of all UPS pilots is going a bit far. There are others on this board from other airlines that stir up as much muck as the next guy, but when it comes down to jumpseating, just remember, these are only guys and gals trying to get home to their loved ones, or if they are unlucky, trying to get to work. What gets posted on here has no correlation to jumpseating. Now, if our pilots start violating jumpseat etiquette (sp), that is a whole different animal. Otherwise, keep the jumpseat sentment out of the equation.

By the way, thanks to all of the SWA and SKW jumpseats! I appreciate them immensely!!!!

Hey RVR what front seat are you moving to?

LLB, Bohnzai and DR: Hang in there lads we are all pulling for you. Don't mind ready2fly he only wishes he was in the pool. He probably has a friend who wears brown that throws him snippets if UPS info.

I second that about the jumpseats. Thanks to AA and Eagle out of SDF for getting me to and fro. The crews and gate agents have been great to me.
GB

Hey GB,

Finally got a bid for the front seat of the -8. Had to go for the ease of transition, as well as the better skeds (at least for what I was looking for). I have a friend who is 75 Dom., and I've seen him get really beat up on some of the rsv assignments. I'm really liking the 2 leg nights of the -8 : short, sweet, and to the hotel. :D And rsv is not that bad, either.

bohnzai said:
LLB, Know what you are thinking, and I WILL help!

LLB, Bonzai and all you other poolies. Hang in there, YOUR LUCKY DAY WILL COME. Putting your live on hold for UPS sucks, but there will be an end to it. The good thing; soon there will be no more 'new hire' f/e's that are closing the gap of retiring captains. Apart from that, once the contract gets settled, they will have to hire to cover the exodus of over-60 f/e's, that will be a good day for all!!

For all you negative and sour UPS-employees, I have only been here for a relativaly short period of time. So far I still need to meet the first a-hole on UPS property, it has been a great ride. No ... I am not management. I do understand though, that a company like UPS needs to make tough decisions that aren't always popular with employees, it's called business, and you can't be successful without it. You don't like it: leave, there are hundred's out there (at NWA, UAL, DAL, CAL, USAir, AA, most of the regionals.......etc.) that would be glad to take your place!!

Chears!!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back