Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Capt TedStriker

Roger.Roger. Over.Over
Rumor has it: Immediate 19 on the street with up to 100 by the end of the year.

4 Billion in profits and big brown wants to squeeze additional pennies (out) on the backs of their lowest paid. UNBELIEVABLE.

NEVER say NEVER.

not a rumour

Unfortunately it is not a rumor, they released the furlough bid today.

THIS SUCKS

and it is 19 to start, 20 more in april and possibly 61 in September

Im one of the first 19 that is getting my walking papers, and to tell you the truth, Im not surprised, Yes, its pathetic after posting record profits numbers, but not surprising at all that UPS would do this. Pencils neck who know nothing about running an airline get promoted up the ladder of Mangement by stepping on as many people to as they can to save a buck. Seems its the corprate culture here... (saying around here goes something like this "UPS will spend 4 million bucks to save 1 million") I dont have a problem with saving money, and if we had lost money, we'll it would all seem to be justified.

The real issue here is contract negotiations, UPS is going to try to put the squeez on our senior FE's (Most Sr guys are retired Capt now serving as FE's) making the big bucks to retire and avoid having to pay these pilots big $ in retirement when the new contract is ratified in the future...

Im not happy to be furloughed but Im happy to contribute to the cause. I hope this fires up the UPS pilot group to really stay the course and ratify the BEST contract with DAL pay rates for all years of employment... Dont give in...

What's even worse is the furlough bid is posted just a couple of memos above the profit results.

I for one will be taking a voluntary leave (if the IPA doesn't screw that up) and I must say I will be glad to get away.

Holy cow guys...sorry...

Any chance any % could take "mil leave" for a few months?

What about the no extra deals? Do guys still trough out of open time?

Wishing all of you the best of luck. Keep us informed and let us know if/what we can do to help.

probl;em

The problem is that these pencil necked jerks do not know how to run an airline.

I have some news folks--- this is not an airline. This is a package delivery company that happens to fly some aircraft. 80% of what they do never even sees an aircraft.

UPS

It would seem they are playing it hard ball style. The union wants no one to take opentime, Management wants not to hire any more pilots. The fact is UPS is making huge sums of money. (well more than I make in a week and ask my employer how over paied and under worked I am) Even with grounding their older aircraft, they still have more new ones on the way. They have big plans to develop new markets overseas. It all spells we need more pilots. I have a bud who is just leaving the right seat to move back. Big pay hit for him. But he's not going to take open time and cave. Stick it out! I'm hoping to work for them some day, but its sad they are going to this level to not share some of their success.

I know this will not change the management's plans 1 bit (and maybe I am niaive)

But i will never use UPS again. Profits=employees. This is the most immoral move I have ever heard.

I am so sorry guys.
:(

This shows at best a lack of basic HR management, and at worse a contempt for pilots as a profession... :mad:

Latest resources

Back