• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS tells Airbus to shove their Plastic tail POS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Please don't give me this, it's German, Spanish, German.....yada yada BS.

When a company spends their money on an Airbus product where does the all mighty dollar wind up? The bottom line is no taxes are paid to the US government and no profits are controlled by a US corporation.

Agreed, but I don't recall too many that have had their tail snap off at 3000 ft and 250 kts just because the guy hit wake turbulence.

But at least Airbus handled ed it correctly and pined it on the pilot

It was actually both and AA since they used to teach upset corrections using rudder. The amount of actual rudder pedal deflection was NOT floor to floor, due to the rudder limiter. Basically there were numerous players in the fault of that crash. But as they say "what's wrong with the Airbus' tail?...Toulouse! (Too loose)!

Please don't give me this, it's German, Spanish, German.....yada yada BS.

But wait, how about your stead, does all the parts originate in the US. Seems to me, that it is powered by a RR engine, which last I checked was foreign owned.

Remember the whole debacle in Congress about airlines having to put origin of the a/c visible to the passenger, well guess what, it says final assembly, because the truth isn't so clearcut as for the parts that makes the bird. I mean after all, we don't want it to say Boeing USA, manufactured with parts from France, England, China, India, Brazil, Indonesia, Canada, etc.

But wait, how about your stead, does all the parts originate in the US. Seems to me, that it is powered by a RR engine, which last I checked was foreign owned.

Remember the whole debacle in Congress about airlines having to put origin of the a/c visible to the passenger, well guess what, it says final assembly, because the truth isn't so clearcut as for the parts that makes the bird. I mean after all, we don't want it to say Boeing USA, manufactured with parts from France, England, China, India, Brazil, Indonesia, Canada, etc.

Your missing the point. James McNerney is the CEO of an American company called Boeing. The bottom line is that the profits, taxes and most importantly the control wind up in the hands of a NYSE publicly traded, US corporation.

Agreed, but I don't recall too many that have had their tail snap off at 3000 ft and 250 kts just because the guy hit wake turbulence.

But at least Airbus handled ed it correctly and pined it on the pilot

Spoken by someone who is obviously clueless on engineering issues. If you had done the same to any Boeing or Lockheed, etc., the same would have happened. Of course, you wouldn't want the facts to confuse you.

This is actually the result of what happens when you come up with a training technique in a non-engineering sim and don't bother to check with the manufacturers (Boeing would have told them it's a bad idea too, in fact, they did when they found out about it!), nor did they check with anyone in aircraft certification that would have also known.

If the open skies agreement goes through, the A380 probably will be canceled as it in no way could ever compete with high frequency point to point international using 787s or the like. It would be the equivalent of delta using an L1011 on routes it competes with southwest. Boeing I think knew this when they went with a 200 seat long haul aircraft.

Hello

Last edited:
Spoken by someone who is obviously clueless on engineering issues. If you had done the same to any Boeing or Lockheed, etc., the same would have happened. Of course, you wouldn't want the facts to confuse you.

This is actually the result of what happens when you come up with a training technique in a non-engineering sim and don't bother to check with the manufacturers (Boeing would have told them it's a bad idea too, in fact, they did when they found out about it!), nor did they check with anyone in aircraft certification that would have also known.

With all of your engineering experience feel free to post your FAA DER CV or send it to me in a PM. Otherwise I will just assume that it's just your opinion and will treat it as such.

Hind site is a wonderful thing.

Feel free to post the pictures you have a Boeing tail floating in Jamaica Bay.

Latest resources

Back