UPS Poolies and futre pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wise Guy said:
You guys are right. I'm way out of line. I'll vote yes no matter what. :)
Thanks for seeing the light, this is too great a company to ruin by us being too greedy now.

Wow, now there is a line or reasoning you don't hear very often. . .

"My company is making Record Profits, so I want a pay cut"

YGBSM. . . .

klhoard said:
Wow, now there is a line or reasoning you don't hear very often. . .

"My company is making Record Profits, so I want a pay cut"

YGBSM. . . .
I think what is meant by that is that we are taking concessions to ensure the profitability continues.

I understand what you guys/gals are saying (not getting too greedy and keeping your job) but I heard the company is making billions. Why would you need a pay cut? Sounds like typical airline management bull$hit to me. WTF?

capt. megadeth said:
I understand what you guys/gals are saying (not getting too greedy and keeping your job) but I heard the company is making billions. Why would you need a pay cut? Sounds like typical airline management bull$hit to me. WTF?
Quite frankly, I'm overpaid as it is for what I do. A reasonable concessionary package to help the company grow would be alright with me.

UPSer said:
Quite frankly, I'm overpaid as it is for what I do. A reasonable concessionary package to help the company grow would be alright with me.

Apparently it has been difficult for UPS to weather the tough economic times of the recent past - - with pilot wages so high, it's a miracle they've posted record profits.

Somebody please tell me I accidentally entered the YGBSM section.

Is it true that FedEx management plans on using the new UPS contract as a guide for their negotiations? If so does that mean that FedEx pilots can anticipate concessions as well to stay competitive with UPS?

Rhoid said:
Is it true that FedEx management plans on using the new UPS contract as a guide for their negotiations? If so does that mean that FedEx pilots can anticipate concessions as well to stay competitive with UPS?
I'm gonna go out on a very short yet stout limb here and speak for the majority of FedEx pilots:

FedEx will become a trucking company before FedEx pilots agree to concessions.

TonyC said:
I'm gonna go out on a very short yet stout limb here and speak for the majority of FedEx pilots:

FedEx will become a trucking company before FedEx pilots agree to concessions.

That's not a very good attitude to have if you want your company to grow and prosper. You must realize what both of our companies are up against, the German invasion, they are a serious player.

Latest resources

Back