Ups Pilots Blame Concessionary Capt Rates On Fedex Proposal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mega,

My point was not to say that every Jr person would be going to the Intl side as a result of this contract (possibly getting passed), What I mean was that just because you fill a seat now (Dom), doesnt mean that you may not choose to go to another seat (Intl) in say 2 years. ALL the rules apply, not just the ones that fit to your present seat.

I have read the TA, gone to two road shows and watched the CD that they have sent me. On the surface, this TA seems to have alot of good stuff in it, It troubles me why there is something inside of me telling me that this TA is not right or the best we can do for our group. (my sixth sense) I am sure you will do what you have to do. I know you and respect your professionalism. That being said, before you vote, do yourself a favor and try to forget about the hype and hoopla surrounding what the IPA has put out concerning this TA. Be open minded and go to TORO's site here is the link. http://ipaontop.org/ He has no axe to grind, hes not running for office, he is simply stating the facts as he sees them and trying to educate the pilot group about what is on the other side of trhe coin before you make your vote.. He is a very useful and knowledagble source as well as the people that worked with him. The Union/Company has only told you about the glass being half full, I think you should also think about the half that is not full...

I asked the NC specific questions relating to the "ambigious language" in this TA and I got reponses to those questions at the road shows only to find out that they gave me half truth answers. Some of what they said was true but more of the Neg details that related to my questions were left out. The parts that were left out were the things that effected the pilot group in a negitive way. Its that kind of stuff that worries me about what they are leaving out or not talking about.

Get educated, and tell you friends to do the same...

Great website and very informative. It is amazing to see how low the pay for UPS has been compared to the other airlines and certainly compared to the profits. ...Is the new TA enough??

Depends on who you ask... I think the pay is OK, but I feel UPS can and should do better. Everyother group here at UPS is paid very well for what thye do. Not us... Even if nothing else in this TA is changed after we vote it down, UPS should atleast make the pay good and retro (signing bonus) should be at a min 80/60/40, If its a true signing bonus, then make it a good one, not one that is less than what my retro would be...

For years the pay here has been bad, I mean really bad. Now all of a sudden, were on top, not because we got pay raises, but because everyone else took pay cuts. My standard for the pay scale is the same as DAL or UAL was when they were making money. UPS makes a lot of money and we should be compensated well for efforts considering the airgroup and Intl stuff is why UPS is making all these profits...

If the ********************ty work rules are going to be part of this TA, then pay me well for it and Ill shut up and do my work, but borderline good pay with ********************ty work rules is a NO vote from me, not just this time, but everyother time as well...

Flybwoy said:
Thats because your a loser who really isn't qualified to be working at UPS so $100k your second year sounds great to a shmuck like yourself. Thats why your ass was in the pool so long. I cant wait to find out who you are. I know your in either the first or the second July05 class. I'll find out who you are soon enough you selfish, ignorant bastard!!!

What the he11 is wrong with you? Everyone knows you are also uppercrust/Browntail/Guppykiller/freightnazi. What a loser you are creating a dozen different screen names so you can entertain yourself. You are a racist, bigoted, demented person. In another life I was in federal law enforcement. I still have friends there. Call my cell phone 1 more time and the FBI will be paying you a visit and I will inform our employer.

Last edited:
L'il J.Seinfeld said:
What the he11 is wrong with you? Everyone knows you are also uppercrust/Browntail/Guppykiller/freightnazi. What a loser you are creating a dozen different screen names so you can entertain yourself. You are a racist, bigoted, demented person. In another life I was in federal law enforcement. I still have friends there. Call my cell phone 1 more time and the FBI will be paying you a visit and I will inform our employer.

Think again, junior. OBTW, enjoy being displaced to ANC!

L'il J.Seinfeld said:
QUOTE] You are a racist, bigoted, demented person. In another life I was in federal law enforcement. I still have friends there.
Have they been paroled yet??

Call my cell phone 1 more time and the FBI will be paying you a visit and I will inform our employer.[/

What the ???? Don't confuse me with him. That is pretty funny about the FBI paying a visit.:laugh:

BBDC8
when u say signing bonus that means to me that company will give u this bonus if you vote for this contract, now if a capt or fo or fe they all have one vote why 80/60/40 since we all get one vote, unless capt's votes worth more which i don't think so since there are more fo's than capt's. If u talking retro then it's a different story but since u call it bonus keep in mind bonuses should be equal.

Brownie: The bonus is in lieu of the retro. The retro pay owed is about 2.66 years. Surely Captain's pay is more than FO pay therefore so is the bonuses. BTW it is 60/40/34 but I like your numbers better. The bonus/retro is not for a yes vote, it is what is owed and therefore should be paid. Then again you know that cause you work there.

BBDC8: Don't underestimate the FNG's. There aren't many of them that I have talked to that are blindsided by the quick 40k. I think this will be voted down but wouldn't bet the farm.
GB

capt. megadeth said:
Um, I did go to a road show....but thanks for the advice.

You know, in our perfect little world, our pay would keep up with inflation. Newsflash! PEOPLE WORKING A LOT OF JOBS DON'T GET RAISES MUCH LESS RAISES THAT KEEP UP WITH INFLATION!

Do you know that only 3% of people make over 100K?

So go work there punk!! Its not about money! Its about work rules then money, idiot!!!

L'il J.Seinfeld said:

Dude, I'm not a racist or a bigot. Last time I checked my ancestors were from the mother land. A little demented? Sure but more Just an idiot hater. And your and Idiot!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back