• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS or AirTran

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hypothetically, if one had a choice of classdates, which would you pick and why?

Don't worry...with a question like this, there won't be any classdates to choose from. Both airlines would drop you due to showing signs of insanity!

Depends on the type of flying you want to do. How much money you want to make doing it and how much you care about stability of the company/job.

This has to be a joke thread. But, if you really need to know and haven't done any research whatsoever just compare the two airlines profits this last quarter and that should tell you something.

Air Tran....no wait...UPS...no....Air Tran....ummm....UPS.
Its a tough one but UPS win's by a short and curly. LOL

I once met a UPS pilot who had flown for ASA prior to joining UPS and he really missed the crew/pax cammaraderie and interaction he had at the regionals - I think he left for AirTran if I am not mistaken because he didn't like night flying and carrying packages.

That being said, I would still go with UPS - flying an MD11 or 747 to Asia and Europe would override the urge to interact with pax anytime for me.

It's a legitimate question. Some people don't want to work at night, regardless of the pay. I declined a UPS interview years ago, because I didn't want to spend the rest of my career working graveyard. They can't pay me enough to live like that.

Latest resources

Back