• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS or AirTran

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would go with UPS. Yes, I am working at UPS for just a short time now. I have always tried to get on, and after a long road and longer swim, I did. When people tell me that they are a "poeple person" and they like to interact with the paxs. I have to sit back a laugh and ask, "when the heck did you have a pax hanging out with you up on the flight deck talking while enroute???" With the steel door between you and them how could you. I interact with people, they are called fellow pilots, ground personal, and the mechs.
I have always said............."bixes always pay top dollar" in both pilots and to ride on our planes.

Never end a sentence with a preposition. There are only 3 places better than where I am flying a CRJ 700. They are in order, FedEx, UPS and Southwest.

I'm guessing Horizon. If I lived in Portland I probably wouldn't consider leaving either.

getting my recall letter next month and Im going to use it as toilet paper and send it back to mother D in a UPS package :D with a note that says "what can brown do for you"?

That's pretty funny.

"If you were at UPS and got your "license to fly people" would you go somewhere else?"

When I was a Freight Dog ( He said proudly ) the above question from Dumb-Azz Civilians was one of my favourite/most irritating.

Just thought I'd include it here as a little tongue-in-cheek humour for those of us who have been in the ranks of "The Order of Sleepless Knights".

Now, about sending "poopy paper" to Mother D...Don't you miss that Double-Breasted suit?

YKW

It all depends how fast you want to age and if you care about flying wide body a/c across the globe.
Good luck!

I talked to an AirTran pilot who left to go fly for Emirates. He was about 3 months from upgrade when he left. He said that his ultimate reason for pursuing this career was to fly Widebodies and fly International.

Personal perference, I guess. Personally, flying international is no longer my thing, but if it's a big deal to you, then you have to factor that in to your decision making.

It's a legitimate question. Some people don't want to work at night, regardless of the pay. I declined a UPS interview years ago, because I didn't want to spend the rest of my career working graveyard. They can't pay me enough to live like that.

To the original poster - You're kidding right? UPS!

I understand the above comment. Personally, I'd rather fly four legs on the backside for six days straight as opposed to fly during the day and wonder how the economy and management were plotting against my retirement. Freightdawgs aren't bulletproof but they are the last to be put up against the wall. ;)

Enjoy your day flying...by the way....FedEx is about 47% day flying. :D

Ok, I have to know people keep saying FedEx and UPS fly a lot of time during the day. So If I fly 50% daylight hours at AirTran or Delta or SWA most all of it starts during the day. This 50% day flying in Brown or Purple what perecnt start in the day or night? FedEx or UPS guys only please.

"Day" and "night" flying at a pax carrier is not a valid comparison.

At a pax carrier "night" (generally, when flying domestic) means after sunset til' about midnight or so. People don't really like to travel between 1 and 5 am. Yes, some pax carriers have Red-Eyes, but it is the exception rather than the rule.

It is not like the Freight outfits where "night" means seeing 3 am on a regular basis.

3 am is for the following in my book:

- Sleeping

- Peeing

- Puking

- and Farking.

Flying, or standing around a Hub/Sort, is not on my list of "Things to do at 3am."

But, thats just me....

YKW

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back