• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS November Class!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OK. Soooo, been at AStar/DHL for 5 years. Don't know a living breathing soul at UPS. More than willing to meet someone at the BHM sort one night, or if any UPS pilots on here live in BHM and can give a leg up. Heck, scratch that, any UPS pilots willing to help a fellow freight dog out with LOR to Brown...have JS, will travel.

Thanks

It's really hard to help someone out that you hardly know. The recommendation is about 15 essay questions. It's hard to write one for someone you do know, let alone someone you barely know.

Thanks Cpt.

I certainly understand that. Didn't know what the recommendation process/form was all about, but, felt I might as well "put it out there" anyway in the hopes it might help.

I'm not jazzed about giving Kit D. any more money, but noticed UPS is going to be at the ATL fair. Any inside or outside intel on the value of a grip and grin with UPS at one of these events?

Thnaks

Aero Services in MIA has sims you can rent and the profile (I think). They come in 2 hour blocks and the 767 costs $750. Be warned though, right now the 767 FBS is going almost 24/7 with new classes. I've seen the 727 and DC-8 blocked off for interviews and have heard the MD-11 and A300 being used in a pinch.

Good Luck!

Aero Services in MIA has sims you can rent and the profile (I think). They come in 2 hour blocks and the 767 costs $750. Be warned though, right now the 767 FBS is going almost 24/7 with new classes. I've seen the 727 and DC-8 blocked off for interviews and have heard the MD-11 and A300 being used in a pinch.

Good Luck!

That hardly seems fair: a fully trained FedEx crew can't operate the MD-11 without creating a million dollars in damage, but a UPS interviewee is supposed to keep it right side up?

I'm not jazzed about giving Kit D. any more money, but noticed UPS is going to be at the ATL fair. Any inside or outside intel on the value of a grip and grin with UPS at one of these events?

Thnaks

When I spoke w/ Phil D (head of pilot hiring) about this he was not very supportive of people spending $ on an outside chance that a sweaty handshake w/ him would result in an interview. He seemed genuinely uncomfortable with the entire proposition that candidates would spend money on one of these seminars just for the off chance that a brief grip-n-grin might result in a positive impression and an interview invitation. FWIW.

BBB

That hardly seems fair: a fully trained FedEx crew can't operate the MD-11 without creating a million dollars in damage, but a UPS interviewee is supposed to keep it right side up?

Careful Jerry, I'm reminded of a parable ... something about "those who live in glass houses ought not throw stones" (or some such clever thing).

After speaking with someone very familiar with our ASAP data ... I was not comforted in the least how close we've (UPS airline) come on many occasions.

As always, fly safe(ly)!

BBB

There must be some value that UPS gives to people that give up a day off and quite a bit of $$ to show desire to work for Brown. Why would UPS show up then? I know I will continue to show my face at each career fair, j/s and network until I am sitting in class at UPS.

When I spoke w/ Phil D (head of pilot hiring) about this he was not very supportive of people spending $ on an outside chance that a sweaty handshake w/ him would result in an interview. He seemed genuinely uncomfortable with the entire proposition that candidates would spend money on one of these seminars just for the off chance that a brief grip-n-grin might result in a positive impression and an interview invitation. FWIW.

BBB

There must be some value that UPS gives to people that give up a day off and quite a bit of $$ to show desire to work for Brown. Why would UPS show up then? I know I will continue to show my face at each career fair, j/s and network until I am sitting in class at UPS.

Interesting mind set. I tell you what the head of HR told me directly and you say (essentially) that I must be mistaken. It's your dime pal ... schmooze away!

BBB

Interesting response. I am sorry if I came across as saying you were wrong. I'll just look at those fairs as a tool to get advice.

Latest resources

Back