UPS November Class!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BBB...

Don't get your panties in a wad, the only thing he has to lose is a few shekels and may end up meeting someone else who may be able to help him here or somewhere else in the future. Unless PD is your brother (and I doubt that, only leadpipes can get away with that), I take everything the manglers say with a grain of salt.

JMO

Aviator7576

Careful Jerry, I'm reminded of a parable ... something about "those who live in glass houses ought not throw stones" (or some such clever thing).

After speaking with someone very familiar with our ASAP data ... I was not comforted in the least how close we've (UPS airline) come on many occasions.

As always, fly safe(ly)!

BBB

Yeah, maybe you are right. I wish the FedEx guys all the safe flying in the world. They do have a problem though with fighter guys with minimal experience learning to fly in the MD. It seems to me that UPS does a better job of hiring from all backgrounds and they are smart enough to only put newhires with heavy experience into the MD-11.

Yeah, maybe you are right. I wish the FedEx guys all the safe flying in the world. They do have a problem though with fighter guys with minimal experience learning to fly in the MD. It seems to me that UPS does a better job of hiring from all backgrounds and they are smart enough to only put newhires with heavy experience into the MD-11.

We'll see about the newhires UPS puts in the MD-11, but the F/O who had the first hard landing in ANC in a/c 250 that precipitated the lost nosewheel incident in SDF was totally inexperienced in heavy jets. He had recently upgraded from the panel. MD-11 his first jet, commuter background (Beech 1900). Plus he hadn't flown in awhile prior to his "landing" in ANC.

Thanks Cpt.

I certainly understand that. Didn't know what the recommendation process/form was all about, but, felt I might as well "put it out there" anyway in the hopes it might help.

I'm not jazzed about giving Kit D. any more money, but noticed UPS is going to be at the ATL fair. Any inside or outside intel on the value of a grip and grin with UPS at one of these events?

Thnaks

FWIW, sometimes UPS is advertised to be at these Kit Darby job fairs and then, they don't show up (as was the case in May).
Good Luck!

SW

PS
Dear UPS HR:
I want to see some long term pool swimmers called for this Nov. 16 class,:)
PLEASE and THANK YOU! If you need help finding them, their names (in no particular order) are KBB, Dog Rocket, Chris, and Wig Wags! (If I forgot anyone else, I am terribly sorry.) They have all been waiting over 15 months for you to call!
Sincerely,
SW

FWIW, sometimes UPS is advertised to be at these Kit Darby job fairs and then, they don't show up (as was the case in May).
Good Luck!

SW

PS
Dear UPS HR:
I want to see some long term pool swimmers called for this Nov. 16 class,:)
PLEASE and THANK YOU! If you need help finding them, their names (in no particular order) are KBB, Dog Rocket, Chris, and Wig Wags! (If I forgot anyone else, I am terribly sorry.) They have all been waiting over 15 months for you to call!
Sincerely,
SW

If they scored high enough in their interview, then they will be called for class. If not, then they will continue to swim.

SGU - For what it's worth, I did the grip and grin in Dallas back in Jan '05. I don't think it hurt me. I think it depends on who they send to the job fair. I was called a month after the grip and grin and have been at UPS for a year and a half now. It may or may not help, but I do think it helped me at the time. Either way, best of luck to you...

There must be some value that UPS gives to people that give up a day off and quite a bit of $$ to show desire to work for Brown. Why would UPS show up then? I know I will continue to show my face at each career fair, j/s and network until I am sitting in class at UPS.

Floater,

As an aside, did you have any LOR's when you got the interview, or just the resume and Air Inc. HR 30sec of face time?

Dear UPS HR:
I want to see some long term pool swimmers called for this Nov. 16 class,
Sincerely,
SW

Dear SWA HR:
I want to see some long term SWA applicants to be called for a class ASAP, PLEASE and THANK YOU! If you need finding them, please review your application data base. They all have been waiting for a very long time for you to call! Also, I want you to immediately stop turning down more than half of the applicants! Additionally, I want you to reimburse all applicants you have turned down for the cost they incurred when completing the B737 type rating in order to gain employment at SWA!
Sincerely,
MU

Ps. I hope y’all see the sarcasm in my post. I have never applied with SWA, nor with UPS (I’m too old for changes ;)) but wanted to make a point that I think it’s up to the employer and not the employee (especially one from a different airline) to impose conditions on hiring or even make suggestions and requests.

Once you’re a “part” of an airline - try to change those conditions from within. I too would like all UPS poolies to be called in ASAP; however I do not believe it is my decision to be made.

Skywaitress - have you been successful in getting ALL your friends hired at SWA???

Last edited:
Dear UPS HR:
I want to see some long term pool swimmers called for this Nov. 16 class,
Sincerely,
SW

Dear SWA HR:
I want to see some long term SWA applicants to be called for a class ASAP, PLEASE and THANK YOU! If you need finding them, please review your application data base. They all have been waiting for a very long time for you to call! Also, I want you to immediately stop turning down more than half of the applicants! Additionally, I want you to reimburse all applicants you have turned down for the cost they incurred when completing the B737 type rating in order to gain employment at SWA!
Sincerely,
MU

Ps. I hope y’all see the sarcasm in my post. I have never applied with SWA, nor with UPS (I’m too old for changes ;)) but wanted to make a point that I think it’s up to the employer and not the employee (especially one from a different airline) to impose conditions on hiring or even make suggestions and requests.

Once you’re a “part” of an airline - try to change those conditions from within. I too would like all UPS poolies to be called in ASAP; however I do not believe it is my decision to be made.

Skywaitress - have you been successful in getting ALL your friends hired at SWA???

I don't work in SWA HR, I am just a coke pusher and peanut thrower. As for getting friends hired, I don't know any who would want to work at SWA, since most of my friends do already. I am not trying to change anything at UPS. For the past year, I have kept up with the ongoing saga of swimming in the UPS pool. If you looked at one of my previous posts, I have said some things can't be changed (as in race, military status, and sex). As far as your acrimony, I am so amused. And the last time I checked, you do not have to have the type rating to apply or be interviewed for a pilot position. You can even receive a phone call (instead of the dreaded letter). The type rating is only required to go to class. You must have been turned down at SWA after you purchased the type rating. I don't have to wonder why.

SW

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back