UPS new job posting 11AUG05

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
410dude said:
He must have been an exception, there seems to be a few people on the board that have been in there as long or longer and have not been called.

Not the exception. I was in the pool for 6 months just got out and know others that did too. Not saying the system is great but people do get out. Keep the faith poolies...
LL

lakelivin said:
Not the exception. I was in the pool for 6 months just got out and know others that did too. Not saying the system is great but people do get out. Keep the faith poolies...
LL

It is getting harder and harder as the months go by to keep the faith.

splash, splash, just swimming around in the pool.
LLB

Getting frustrated at not getting the call, with over ten recommendations including two from management and having updated my resume' every month for five years.
It must be that damned 'helo stink', even though I've logged almost four fixed wing hours for every single helo hour.

BoilerUP said:
I know a few people that have been hired after doing a 727 sim prep at Purdue University with John Young. His contact info can be found on this board by doing a search. Seems most interviews these days are in the 767 FBS, but it just depends on the training going on any given day (727, A300 or 757 as posted). A sim ride in the Diesel would be no fun, especially for somebody used to flying a halfway maneuverable jet.

Why a new posting if Brown has 50-100 people in a hiring pool?!?

System Bid to Create 56 New Captains
AirUPSers.com

The next system bid tentatively will open on August 15. This bid plans to add pilots to the A300 and the MD-11 for future aircraft acquisitions. There also should be vacancies on the DC-8 in anticipation of future Menlo flying. The B-757 will have a few vacancies to replace age 60 retirements.
The bid will contain approximately 56 new CPT positions and 22 new F/O positions. Additionally, probationary crew members hired prior to February '05 are planned to be allowed to participate in the system bid. This should allow the first probationary F/Es to hold upgrades.

Also, I agree with you about John Young and the Purdue sim prep. I worked with him over five years ago and found it very helpful, affordable and close to Louisville.

Anyone have this issue recently. I log onto ups and update my flighttimes and resume. Then I go to the link for the fo job and try to submit my new resume and it tells me that I have already applied for this job. I was under the impression that when I update my resume I still needed to locate a job and submit my new stuff for that position.

Updating problems???

I tried to update my file by clicking on the link provided in this forum and this is the message I get:

Oops, there's been a SoftShoe error.
The error is:
 600_INTERNAL_DATABASE_ERROR PLEASE_TRY_YOUR_QUERY_AGAIN

When I try to log in with my email address and password instead, this is the message I am getting.

Edit Resumé/CV

We couldn't present your resumé/CV for editing because of the following problems:

- Looks like the same message in a way.

Someone, please tell me this is a temporary problem and not “closed window” for updating resumes. Please?

⌐⌐⌐⌐⌐ said:
I tried to update my file by clicking on the link provided in this forum and this is the message I get:

Oops, there's been a SoftShoe error.
The error is:

When I try to log in with my email address and password instead, this is the message I am getting.

Edit Resumé/CV

We couldn't present your resumé/CV for editing because of the following problems:

- Looks like the same message in a way.

Someone, please tell me this is a temporary problem and not “closed window” for updating resumes. Please?

sorry to say, but i've heard that they have closed the application window for the time being.

Talked to HR today...app window is not closed...there will be a brand new app online 15 Sep and everyone will have to reapply...that is all

Tailwinds

Latest resources

Back