Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

falcon20driver

UPS Hiring Now for Flight Officer Positions! 8/10/2005

Just found this new posting on a job site.

http://ups.softshoe.com/cgi-bin/job-show?J_PINDEX=J543310UM&TEMPLATE=/htdocs/job-show.html

Hiring Now for Flight Officer Positions! 8/10/2005
Flight officers at UPS are responsible for the safe, on-time and efficient operation of our aircraft. The candidates recency and type of experience will be considered.
Minimum Requirements:
Hold a current FAA First Class Medical Certificate
Hold a current ATP certificate OR hold an ATP written with a commercial pilot airplane multiengine land certificate with instrument certificate
Hold a current flight engineer written or current flight engineer certificate
Have a minimum of 1500 hours of total flight time
Have a minimum of 1000 hours pilot in command (PIC) hours in fixed-
wing jet and/or fixed-wing multi-engine turboprop
Pilot in Command, per FAR 1.1, means the person who:
Hold an FCC restricted radiotelephone operator permit
Hold a valid passport
Have authorization to work in the United States
Be at least twenty-one years of age
Degree Preferred:
Bachelors
Please ensure attached resume clearly specifies your total fixed-wing jet PIC and/or multi-engine turbo-prop PIC.
UPS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
Click Here to Apply: http://ups.softshoe.com/cgi-bin/job-show?J_PINDEX=J543310UM&TEMPLATE=/htdocs/job-show.html

Last edited:
Anyplace I would say for the sim prep. You do not know the type of aircraft you will do you ride in in till that day. You can do it almost in anything except the 747.

Just a poolie splashing around in the UPS pool.
LLB

Meathead said:
Can anybody recommend a place to prep for the UPS sim ride?

Two of my friends did sim prep with AJ in Memphis (Emerald Coast) for the UPS sim ride and they passed. He is the best person to contact for the sim prep !

Your sim ride will likely be in the 72, 75, or A300. I personally have never heard of the 8 being used, the 74 is in a different part of town, and the MD is too complicated for a sim eval. Sorry I can't narrow it down further. It really depends on what is available at the time. The sim ride should take no longer than 15 minutes. Your evaluator will sit down beside you (you can take any seat), discuss a few things, and away you go. What is the absolute most important thing is to brief and include this person in everything you do. Ie, "what do you think?", "this will be an approach to the ILS 13......", etc., etc. The more involved, the more CRM, the better off you'll be. Also, try to look only at fuel flows. If you try to scan the others, it will become overwhelming. If the FF #'s are unavailable before the sim, then level off at 200 knots and note your ff, this # can be used with a little playing around for all flap and gear configs. through to landing.

I know a few people that have been hired after doing a 727 sim prep at Purdue University with John Young. His contact info can be found on this board by doing a search. Seems most interviews these days are in the 767 FBS, but it just depends on the training going on any given day (727, A300 or 757 as posted). A sim ride in the Diesel would be no fun, especially for somebody used to flying a halfway maneuverable jet.

Why a new posting if Brown has 50-100 people in a hiring pool?!?

BoilerUP said:
Why a new posting if Brown has 50-100 people in a hiring pool?!?

Because, as I've been told, UPS' pool is a competetive pool not at FIFO pool. Just because you are in the pood does not guarantee a class date. From what my contacts there have told me, if you are in the pool for more that a couple of months and they are still hiring, odds are you are not going to get a class date as your interview score is not high enough.

BoilerUP said:
A sim ride in the Diesel would be no fun, especially for somebody used to flying a halfway maneuverable jet.

I'd love to fly a DC-8, it's such a manly airplane.

410dude said:
Because, as I've been told, UPS' pool is a competetive pool not at FIFO pool. Just because you are in the pood does not guarantee a class date. From what my contacts there have told me, if you are in the pool for more that a couple of months and they are still hiring, odds are you are not going to get a class date as your interview score is not high enough.

I just had a friend get a class date after being in pool for 7 months

He must have been an exception, there seems to be a few people on the board that have been in there as long or longer and have not been called.

Latest resources

Back