• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

UPS new job posting 11AUG05

falcon20driver

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 31, 2003
Posts
533
Total Time
5000
UPS Hiring Now for Flight Officer Positions! 8/10/2005

Just found this new posting on a job site.

http://ups.softshoe.com/cgi-bin/job-show?J_PINDEX=J543310UM&TEMPLATE=/htdocs/job-show.html

Hiring Now for Flight Officer Positions! 8/10/2005
Flight officers at UPS are responsible for the safe, on-time and efficient operation of our aircraft. The candidates recency and type of experience will be considered.
Minimum Requirements:
Hold a current FAA First Class Medical Certificate
Hold a current ATP certificate OR hold an ATP written with a commercial pilot airplane multiengine land certificate with instrument certificate
Hold a current flight engineer written or current flight engineer certificate
Have a minimum of 1500 hours of total flight time
Have a minimum of 1000 hours pilot in command (PIC) hours in fixed-
wing jet and/or fixed-wing multi-engine turboprop
Pilot in Command, per FAR 1.1, means the person who:
Hold an FCC restricted radiotelephone operator permit
Hold a valid passport
Have authorization to work in the United States
Be at least twenty-one years of age
Degree Preferred:
Bachelors
Please ensure attached resume clearly specifies your total fixed-wing jet PIC and/or multi-engine turbo-prop PIC.
UPS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
Click Here to Apply: http://ups.softshoe.com/cgi-bin/job-show?J_PINDEX=J543310UM&TEMPLATE=/htdocs/job-show.html
 
Last edited:
Joined
Jan 26, 2002
Posts
210
Total Time
10,001
Anyplace I would say for the sim prep. You do not know the type of aircraft you will do you ride in in till that day. You can do it almost in anything except the 747.

Just a poolie splashing around in the UPS pool.
LLB
 

crewviews

New member
Joined
Jul 27, 2005
Posts
3
Total Time
5000+
Meathead said:
Can anybody recommend a place to prep for the UPS sim ride?

Two of my friends did sim prep with AJ in Memphis (Emerald Coast) for the UPS sim ride and they passed. He is the best person to contact for the sim prep !
 

Brown Cow

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 4, 2005
Posts
95
Total Time
6000+
Your sim ride will likely be in the 72, 75, or A300. I personally have never heard of the 8 being used, the 74 is in a different part of town, and the MD is too complicated for a sim eval. Sorry I can't narrow it down further. It really depends on what is available at the time. The sim ride should take no longer than 15 minutes. Your evaluator will sit down beside you (you can take any seat), discuss a few things, and away you go. What is the absolute most important thing is to brief and include this person in everything you do. Ie, "what do you think?", "this will be an approach to the ILS 13......", etc., etc. The more involved, the more CRM, the better off you'll be. Also, try to look only at fuel flows. If you try to scan the others, it will become overwhelming. If the FF #'s are unavailable before the sim, then level off at 200 knots and note your ff, this # can be used with a little playing around for all flap and gear configs. through to landing.
 

BoilerUP

Citation style...
Joined
Nov 11, 2003
Posts
5,311
Total Time
1500+
I know a few people that have been hired after doing a 727 sim prep at Purdue University with John Young. His contact info can be found on this board by doing a search. Seems most interviews these days are in the 767 FBS, but it just depends on the training going on any given day (727, A300 or 757 as posted). A sim ride in the Diesel would be no fun, especially for somebody used to flying a halfway maneuverable jet.

Why a new posting if Brown has 50-100 people in a hiring pool?!?
 
4

410dude

BoilerUP said:
Why a new posting if Brown has 50-100 people in a hiring pool?!?


Because, as I've been told, UPS' pool is a competetive pool not at FIFO pool. Just because you are in the pood does not guarantee a class date. From what my contacts there have told me, if you are in the pool for more that a couple of months and they are still hiring, odds are you are not going to get a class date as your interview score is not high enough.
 
4

410dude

BoilerUP said:
A sim ride in the Diesel would be no fun, especially for somebody used to flying a halfway maneuverable jet.


I'd love to fly a DC-8, it's such a manly airplane.
 

bjriggs17

Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2005
Posts
23
Total Time
7000+
410dude said:
Because, as I've been told, UPS' pool is a competetive pool not at FIFO pool. Just because you are in the pood does not guarantee a class date. From what my contacts there have told me, if you are in the pool for more that a couple of months and they are still hiring, odds are you are not going to get a class date as your interview score is not high enough.

I just had a friend get a class date after being in pool for 7 months
 
4

410dude

He must have been an exception, there seems to be a few people on the board that have been in there as long or longer and have not been called.
 

capt. megadeth

Metal Momma!
Joined
Oct 12, 2003
Posts
2,898
Total Time
>4999
I know a few people that had their sim ride in the Mad Dog.
 

lakelivin

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 18, 2005
Posts
56
Total Time
5600+
410dude said:
He must have been an exception, there seems to be a few people on the board that have been in there as long or longer and have not been called.

Not the exception. I was in the pool for 6 months just got out and know others that did too. Not saying the system is great but people do get out. Keep the faith poolies...
LL
 
Joined
Jan 26, 2002
Posts
210
Total Time
10,001
lakelivin said:
Not the exception. I was in the pool for 6 months just got out and know others that did too. Not saying the system is great but people do get out. Keep the faith poolies...
LL

It is getting harder and harder as the months go by to keep the faith.

splash, splash, just swimming around in the pool.
LLB
 

inthewind

When will spring be here?
Joined
Jun 18, 2005
Posts
335
Total Time
6300+
Getting frustrated at not getting the call, with over ten recommendations including two from management and having updated my resume' every month for five years.
It must be that damned 'helo stink', even though I've logged almost four fixed wing hours for every single helo hour.
 

UPSFO

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 1, 2001
Posts
61
Total Time
.....
BoilerUP said:
I know a few people that have been hired after doing a 727 sim prep at Purdue University with John Young. His contact info can be found on this board by doing a search. Seems most interviews these days are in the 767 FBS, but it just depends on the training going on any given day (727, A300 or 757 as posted). A sim ride in the Diesel would be no fun, especially for somebody used to flying a halfway maneuverable jet.

Why a new posting if Brown has 50-100 people in a hiring pool?!?

System Bid to Create 56 New Captains
AirUPSers.com

The next system bid tentatively will open on August 15. This bid plans to add pilots to the A300 and the MD-11 for future aircraft acquisitions. There also should be vacancies on the DC-8 in anticipation of future Menlo flying. The B-757 will have a few vacancies to replace age 60 retirements.
The bid will contain approximately 56 new CPT positions and 22 new F/O positions. Additionally, probationary crew members hired prior to February '05 are planned to be allowed to participate in the system bid. This should allow the first probationary F/Es to hold upgrades.

Also, I agree with you about John Young and the Purdue sim prep. I worked with him over five years ago and found it very helpful, affordable and close to Louisville.
 

StaySeated

IBT does not represent ME
Joined
Nov 27, 2001
Posts
782
Total Time
10500
Anyone have this issue recently. I log onto ups and update my flighttimes and resume. Then I go to the link for the fo job and try to submit my new resume and it tells me that I have already applied for this job. I was under the impression that when I update my resume I still needed to locate a job and submit my new stuff for that position.
 

⌐⌐⌐⌐⌐

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 1, 2005
Posts
58
Total Time
8,000
Updating problems???

I tried to update my file by clicking on the link provided in this forum and this is the message I get:

Oops, there's been a SoftShoe error.
The error is:
 600_INTERNAL_DATABASE_ERROR PLEASE_TRY_YOUR_QUERY_AGAIN


When I try to log in with my email address and password instead, this is the message I am getting.

Edit Resumé/CV

We couldn't present your resumé/CV for editing because of the following problems:

 600_INTERNAL_DATABASE_ERROR PLEASE_TRY_YOUR_QUERY_AGAIN

- Looks like the same message in a way.

Someone, please tell me this is a temporary problem and not “closed window” for updating resumes. Please?
 
4

410dude

⌐⌐⌐⌐⌐ said:
I tried to update my file by clicking on the link provided in this forum and this is the message I get:

Oops, there's been a SoftShoe error.
The error is:
 600_INTERNAL_DATABASE_ERROR PLEASE_TRY_YOUR_QUERY_AGAIN


When I try to log in with my email address and password instead, this is the message I am getting.

Edit Resumé/CV

We couldn't present your resumé/CV for editing because of the following problems:

 600_INTERNAL_DATABASE_ERROR PLEASE_TRY_YOUR_QUERY_AGAIN

- Looks like the same message in a way.

Someone, please tell me this is a temporary problem and not “closed window” for updating resumes. Please?


sorry to say, but i've heard that they have closed the application window for the time being.
 

Jetlaggy

Active member
Joined
Jul 6, 2005
Posts
29
Total Time
5000
Talked to HR today...app window is not closed...there will be a brand new app online 15 Sep and everyone will have to reapply...that is all

Tailwinds
 
Top