UPS MGMT Pilot -- Ready, Aim, Fire!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ask the IPA

Ask the IPA what the official position is on management pilots flying during a strike. The answer may chap your hide, but it is what it is.

I hope you guys get the deal you deserve and everybody just moves on after all the pain associated with the negotiations subsides. Of course, better for everybody if it doesn't come down to a strike.

At this point, I really don't give a rat's arse what you call mgmt pilots who fly during a job action. One thing for sure, it ain't gonna be me. Me and Fred have a date with destiny.

Like I said earlier, too many skeletons in the closet at UPS for me to proceed. All the best.

Later,
NKA

BBB,

I've enjoyed the exchanges and the taunts have been more humorous to me than serious. No matter what the situation, if a dude calls you out, then...

The freedom of expression in a forum is great ... some people need to learn when to STFU. Of course, that includes me on occasion.

All you folks have provided exactly what I was looking for in the original post -- insight into the culture and atmosphere of UPS flight ops. After all has been taken into account, me thinks it ain't greener on the other side for sure.

Hope the long term careers of all involved are prosperous and worthwhile.

I'm off the subject now and returning to the dreamland of P-S-P -- People, Service, Profit. Fred's original axiom has failed miserably, but I'll take the paycheck. Essentially we are all just flying mercenaries if you look at the true nature of the business.

Gotta go drink some KoolAid ... not.

NKA

NoKoolAid said:
BBB,

I've enjoyed the exchanges and the taunts have been more humorous to me than serious. No matter what the situation, if a dude calls you out, then...

The freedom of expression in a forum is great ... some people need to learn when to STFU. Of course, that includes me on occasion.

All you folks have provided exactly what I was looking for in the original post -- insight into the culture and atmosphere of UPS flight ops. After all has been taken into account, me thinks it ain't greener on the other side for sure.

Hope the long term careers of all involved are prosperous and worthwhile.

I'm off the subject now and returning to the dreamland of P-S-P -- People, Service, Profit. Fred's original axiom has failed miserably, but I'll take the paycheck. Essentially we are all just flying mercenaries if you look at the true nature of the business.

Gotta go drink some KoolAid ... not.

NKA

You're a gentleman NKA ... and that's why we steered you away from UPS! Sad part is we could really use good people in mgmt ... even sadder part is you would have been prevented from making any positive impact ... and years from now you'd simply be resigned to getting a pay check and pinching your nose while doing it.

Best of luck to my friends in purple ... give Fred hell at the bargaining table (BIG believer in a rising tide floats all boats!) ... and please feel free to jumpseat with us ... 800-228-2739, follow prompts for the jumpseat desk, able to reserve up to 10 days in advance).

:beer:

BBB

PS.. Oh, and on occasion some folks (like CanyonBlue) have suggested I too have a big steaming cup of STFU! :D

Gracias BBB -- You're a Good Bro

:cool: If I could just win the freakin' PowerBall, I could buy a round for everybody!

It's time to start drinkin some adult beverages and hopefully not...:puke:

C Ya
NKA

PS -- After the contract, R U guys supposed to get Leather Jackets -- maybe even new uniforms? A quality Black and Brown ensemble would be most attractive and grab the attention of the ladies! Remember, It's a full time job being cool! Dress for success!

without doubt the best thing to come from this thread is"...its a full time job being cool." its a tough job- never get to call out sik for it :)

BBB: like always- right on!

johnny
live from j-town lockup

BBB,
If you got a chance to read my original post, you know it wasnt flame... I do think for an outsider to UPS, it might have came across pretty harsh. Its difficult for a guy who doesnt work here to truly understand the divide that exist here between UPS and the IPA.

I agree with you. I think Koolaid overreacted and kinda went off the deep end there after my origianl post, He wanted to fight and was going to teach me a lesson??? He doesnt know it, but I was just trying to do the guy a favor and for that I get called out (he says I called him out. haven't figured that one out yet)

After consideration, I figure I'd play nice rather than cause anxiety to the poor guy. I offered him my apology, he chose not to respond to it, thats ok. Makes me think I wasted my time doing it. Hmmm. I think I might possibly have been right in my first post, hes perfect for UPS managment.

BBDC8

Bbdc8

My apologies. You might not believe this but I did accept your apology -- I wrote it while on a DFW turn at 5 am. The reply did not go forward to you-- most likely because of a firewall in our company system, but who know's? By the time I returned home, multiple other threads had been posted, so I didnt check on it.

Bottom line -- You are a standup guy for playing nice after the initial flame. I said in my reply that you weren't able to see -- "I'm from Kentucky and have a genetic defect causing a combat mentality on occasion". I overreacted, but I think you deserved a strong response for your approach.

In any event, it looks like a lot of guys including myself are going to be turned off by the severe dysfuncionality of the UPS pilot culture. Probably a lot of great line guys and mgmt guys who get grouped into categories they don't deserve.

It's over, I'm done, fini, out, adios, no more, no mas, later.

NKA

Gentlemen,
Let me preface this with" I'm one of the FNG's in flight management". I begin training on Nov 30th (MD-11). I am now more aware of the animosity between the two groups. I am a furloughed(3mo. shy of 15yrs. combined service) TWA/AA Captain/Check airman and have been flying contract (Jetsgo) and supplemental carriers (Ryan) since Oct 03. I've sent out so many resumes (including UPS line pilot)I can't keep track of them. I've spent more time on the road in the last 2 years than ever before. Nobody seems to want a slightly used airline pilot. So when UPS called me for this position I jumped at it. I know a little bit about labor vs management vs union after 3 Bankruptcies and the royal A$$ F##king I got from the seniority integration with AA. My hide is tough but I don't have much a$$ left (been chewed off too many times). I'm just praying this will work out for the best. (Deep breath) OK boy's fire at will!

Last edited:
Mongo,

I hear that UPS has a pool and a pond. Pond would be good for you. By the way, what the he!! is intergation? I thunked management could spell more betterer than that ya coona$$.

Might have a position for a 2nd mate on the shrimp boat. If Mitch won't take it.

Mongo,
You gotta do what you gotta do, Its difficult to come to UPS as a "Street Manager" but atleast you have some experience. I welcome you to UPS, I hope you can make a difference around this place.

Congrates on the new job, dont let this place steal you integrity... Ill cya you on the line...

BBDC8

Latest resources

Back