UPS Guys! How Do I Get Called

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Know the feeling!

I have several internal recs as well, one from a captain, and several from new hires (still on probation). I'm working with a manager as well, but it's difficult to know where you stand with HR. From what I've heard, it seems like the best route is a rec from a ground manager. Does anyone know where UPS stands in pilot hiring for the current year? Good luck to all!

Brown Cow said:
If someone from Atlanta calls Louisville for you, then you WILL get an interview right away. If a line guy writes a recommendation for you, you'll be waiting a while. Remember this is a trucking company that owns an airline.

I think Brown Cow is right. My buddy called for me from ATL (non pilot) and after I put my stuff online I got a call about 3 days later. All the info I hear is that mgt. recs. are the best. Based on the interview I think they want a reference that really knows you and can attest to character, integrity, etc.:)

The other question... I am curious too. How many have been hired this year? I would guess about 180-200 so far...?

Thanks to all for the good info. I do have a friend who is a station manager and he is in the process of filling out a referal form for me. From some of your replys it seems that it might be as good as having pilot references which I don't have any. Hard to believe but hey you never know. Once again thanks again to all. Old School 737

The LOR issue has been covered many time b4 on Flightinfo. Here goes again:

Any Management type LOR, Flying or non-flying is the best here...

Pilot that you have flown with...

Pilot that you have not flown with...

If your real hungry, do Like I did and go see an ACP (Assistant Chief Pilot) at one of our outstations, Invite him to lunch and see how things go. Sure, it takes big balls/overies, but it can pay off... I did it, the guy liked me and I didnt even have to ask him for a LOR, he offered. Hired 3 weeks later... I did have 3 LORs from 3 different Capts here, but never got the call... After the ACP wrote me a LOR, We'll, here I am... Choose your own destiny and make it happen, Its up to you... Good luck...

BBDC8

410dude said:
If you don't know anyone at UPS, you are SOL. Also your flight time isn't all that high for a newhire there.
What kind of time is "competitive"?

Do they care if its jet time or turbo-prop?

Still waiting...

6500 total
1700 pic turbine (turbo prop)
Line Check Airman
Attended Air Inc to see UPS recruiters in January
4 letters of rec
- 1 from a good friend (5 yr FO never flown with)
- 1 from a former colleague (he was my captain for a month 5 yr FO at UPS)
- 2 from networking (1 UPS CA & 1 5yr FO)
I jumpseat with my good friend into SDF during a sort and met 2 ACPs to network

Still no call. Wish I could figure out what else I need to to secure an interview. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Bobby Orr 4 said:
6500 total
1700 pic turbine (turbo prop)
Line Check Airman
Attended Air Inc to see UPS recruiters in January
4 letters of rec
- 1 from a good friend (5 yr FO never flown with)
- 1 from a former colleague (he was my captain for a month 5 yr FO at UPS)
- 2 from networking (1 UPS CA & 1 5yr FO)
I jumpseat with my good friend into SDF during a sort and met 2 ACPs to network

Still no call. Wish I could figure out what else I need to to secure an interview. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

This may not mean anything but do you have any jet time?
I heard that UPS really likes people to have jet time. Everyone in my class had jet time. Personally, I think TP time is just as valuable but it's just a guess. That is the only thing I didn't see above, but I am a newbie so what do I know?

Latest resources

Back