• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS Classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't think too many pilots at SWA sing. But their pay is pretty much equal to yours at UPS. Probably with more days off too. Retirement? 8% profit sharing and 7.3% 401 K match............Sounds like retirement to me.
But you're right, the only international is El Paso. That sucks.

I don't think too many pilots at SWA sing. But their pay is pretty much equal to yours at UPS. Probably with more days off too. Retirement? 8% profit sharing and 7.3% 401 K match............Sounds like retirement to me.
But you're right, the only international is El Paso. That sucks.

I was very lucky and was hired at both. I chose UPS mainly due to the pay since I had not worked at either on the line and was about to begin training at UPS when the SWA call came. It's not a put down on LUV, but the pay/benefits/compensation is not even close. I wish we had the corporate culture and management team that SWA has. There is a lot more to UPS pay than just the hourly rates and minimum guarantee.

But no retirement, B plan, international flying, Asia growth, nor 4 billion in annual profits! OK, so only 35% comes from the airline side of UPS, but that's still more than a billion. Our relationship with mgt sucks, but I'll take it. I'd rather be treated like a worker and compensated well with great benefits than be duped into accepting lower compensation because I get to sing at work.

Retirement - I think that after 30yrs as a Capt at SWA making $200k+, I should be allright.
B Plan - 7.5% profit sharing works for me
International flying - been there, done that, have the t-shirt. Not a big fan.
Asia? big whoop. Virgin Atlantic is planning on going to outer space. I flew to asia, couldnt wait to leave.
Congrats on the $4Bil profit. Frankly, neither SWA nor I give a dang. Big oil whooped your a$$, bet you dont care. I think that 30yrs of profit aint bad.
We are treated like gold. Most of us luv going to work. Yes, we have to work, but we are happy to be there.
I am pretty confident we get getting "duped" into making $200k/yr for 13 days of work isnt too bad.
Never gone from home more than 4 days, Never more than a couple hr flight from home, No jetlag, Might fly as late as midnight.......
UPS is a great, stable, money making company. Probably more stable than any pax airline. It would make a great career. I think that all FDX, UPS, and SWA pilots have made great career choices.
BTW, every employee got a $150 from the company for Valentine's Day.
I havent sung yet, but since you brought it up I might give it a try. I you ride us on Friday, lemme know if you have a singing FO.

Last edited:
And you are cruising the cargo forum because....

(A) Any chance to put a bee in Capt M's bonnet is taken advantage of.
(B) Heard from a bud who knows a bud who told him that the 727s were failing inspections, therefore delaying classes.
(C)Why not? You've never been to the other boards?

Latest resources

Back