• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS Chief Pilot Breaks in for Schedule Change

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AMR management did that stuff too. Someone comes in my room and they're gonna get decked. Allowing that $h!t is newhire stuff...

TC

That ACP is lucky he didn't get is behind kicked and thrown through the plate glass window...but seriously an ACP did that?

Who cares what letter he followed. How about answer the phone and be a team player supporting the company who pays your bills.

instructordude...nice, it looks like Spirit might be hiring scabs, sounds like you might fit in well with the scabs...have fun scabbing.

That ACP is lucky he didn't get is behind kicked and thrown through the plate glass window...but seriously an ACP did that?

instructordude...nice, it looks like Spirit might be hiring scabs, sounds like you might fit in well with the scabs...have fun scabbing.

This word is against the forum rules and will get you some time off. Just warning you.

I don't agree with the ACP tactics regarding breaking into the room but I am sick and tired of hearing about guys making 100K plus who are too lazy to answer the phone and help out the company. I have an idea that allows you to have 30 days off a month...........quit. It would give guys like me who are salivating for a chance to work at UPS and don't mind helping out the company by answering the phone and being a team player.

This word is against the forum rules and will get you some time off. Just warning you.

I don't agree with the ACP tactics regarding breaking into the room but I am sick and tired of hearing about guys making 100K plus who are too lazy to answer the phone and help out the company. I have an idea that allows you to have 30 days off a month...........quit. It would give guys like me who are salivating for a chance to work at UPS and don't mind helping out the company by answering the phone and being a team player.

Where do you work??? I just want to make sure that if for some ever reason you choose to apply to Alaska, the hiring board is forewarned. Actually, do me a favor, and tell them that you would willing to violate the contract in order to enable. Please....I beg you too.

Mookie

Where do you work??? I just want to make sure that if for some ever reason you choose to apply to Alaska, the hiring board is forewarned. Actually, do me a favor, and tell them that you would willing to violate the contract in order to enable. Please....I beg you too.

Mookie

Answering the phone is not against any contract.

BTW, your company would love a guy like me.

Guys,guys,guys,
This is a classic example of a guy on break, his real job is the webmaster for the NAMBLA site, he is no threat to any of you, but your sons are not so safe if they are under 14. By "a team player" he means take one in the pooter!
BAAAHAAA
PBR

FI.com TOS:
- NO SCAB LISTS or links to scab lists may be placed on these forums. Violators will be permanently banned at first offense.

I didn't post a list...I just used the word.

As far as answering the phone...the pilots and the company agreed to the terms and conditions contained within the Collective Bargaining Agreement or CBA (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collective_bargaining). If someone changes the terms of what is contained within the the CBA overtime the new term, answering your phone for example will become the norm or status quo. Which undermines the agreed to terms and conditions, allowing further degradation of the CBA.

What if that pilot, who was based in SDF, lived in ANC and bid those trips knowing there was a 96 hour layover in ANC every other week and therefore he could spend more time at home with his family.

Or what if the CBA dictated that you hourly rate was 75.50 and hour and they decided to pay you 75.00?

Or what if the CBA dictated you should have no less than 12 hours of rest in base, but the company started scheduling you to have 11:58 minutes of rest? Does the two minutes make a difference to you as far as rest is concerned? No. But less rest soon become the norm, every few months they reduce the rest by a few minutes. Soon you will be left with 11:00 hours then 10:00 hours and so on.

So, instructordude, my question to you is at what point is it acceptable to give the company a little leeway on the CBA? And at what point does it cross the line?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back