UPS called!!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Avoiding the jelly finger.

I hope you guys are right, I'm 34 and hope to skip the "full cavity search"!!!

No Med yet, but still keeping hope alive.

Bohnzai

I'm 34 and I did not have the jelly finger given to me, but there was a lot of probing of my family jewels. I think she was hitting on me.

ex-poolswimmer

Ah, to be 35 (or less) again!

Ok folks. I have been on a road trip for the past week and I am checking in to see what I missed. Looks like I finally found a reason NOT to look forward to getting the call. At 37 I will be in the VIP line. Oh well, small price to pay I guess. I just feel so cheap and dirty......

Hawg

PS On the subject of age.....Can any of you X poolies give me an idea of how old the "seniors" were in each of you classes?

FYI - HR called today and scheduled me for the 25 July class. :) Sounds like more classes are being worked.

Poolies - expect to get a phone call soon. Not sure, however, what other class dates are available after 25 July.

Good luck all - see you on campus in July!

GB

LittleLearBoy said:
GB,

Congrats on the phone call. How long were you in the pool for??

LLB

Thanks.

10 Days!

It took 8 days after my Interview Date to receive the "Congratulations - Your In The Pool" letter, and 10 days later to receive a phone call with the "Formal Job Offer" and Medical Exam appointment. I took my medical on a Friday and UPS called with the results the following Tuesday (Monday was a Holiday).

Good luck. Hope this helps.

GB

gucciboy said:
FYI - HR called today and scheduled me for the 25 July class. :) Sounds like more classes are being worked.

Poolies - expect to get a phone call soon. Not sure, however, what other class dates are available after 25 July.

Good luck all - see you on campus in July!

GB

I'll see ya there. I got my call today also. It's going to be a class of 20.
14 FO and 6 SO. All the SO's will be DC-8's. I didn't get an exact breakdown of FO positions but was told FO's to DC-8, 757, MD-11.

Joey

Congrats guys!

Congrats out to JoeyLikey and gucciboy! Sounds like a great class!

Did my med., and everything went great! Nurse said I passed all the tests, and the doc didn't say anything about the EKG or the exam, and congratulated me on the job, so I took that to mean that he passed me as well. All I am waiting for is the bloodwork and whiz quiz results to come back. I am hoping to hear something back this week. :) Thanks to all of you out there that gave me intel on the med. It was exactly as advertised! Piece of cake! Got all nervous for absolutely nothing. I do have to say, though, man, was it great to get down to SDF again! It totally pumps you up to see all those airplanes! Well, it did for me. :eek:

Oh, and by the way, the trip up the "Hershey highway" is determined by age. I'm 33 and the doc told me that I was lucky - it is 35. Straight from his mouth. Whew!!! Pucker factor was starting to creep up as the exam progressed.

Good luck to all my poolie buddies! I hope you guys get that call real soon!!!! I'll post when I hear something.

Reaching (hopefully) for a towel.....

1800 RVR

Joeylikey said:
I'll see ya there. I got my call today also. It's going to be a class of 20.
14 FO and 6 SO. All the SO's will be DC-8's. I didn't get an exact breakdown of FO positions but was told FO's to DC-8, 757, MD-11.

Joey

Congrats! Great info on the class breakdown. Very exciting. Did you also get the email from HR today containing the details of the class? I opened up my email and I think HR mistakenly put 7 July for the class instead of 25 July. I think it's a typo but I'll call them tomorrow and double check. Air Force still has me until 22 July.:( See you in training.:D

GB

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back