UPS average hiring age?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
lifeguard said:
Please keep us posted if anyone finds out how many guys are remaining in the pool.
If anyone finds out how many guys are remaining in the pool, could they please also tell me how the competitive pool is scored, when the contract will settle and send me next weeks lottery numbers ;)

RO

Your Lucky Day!

RogerOver said:
If anyone finds out how many guys are remaining in the pool, could they please also tell me how the competitive pool is scored, when the contract will settle and send me next weeks lottery numbers ;)

RO

Oh, I have the lottery numbers. Jezz, if that is all you wanted why didn't you ask sooner. I wish breaking the lottery code was as easy as your other questions...

Seriously, I heard from a "reliable source" that 70 are in the pool currently.

Hawg

Upgrades and health care

Adding to Brown Cow:

I am currently paying $120 a year for just myself due to my state of residency (I guess). I've been here almost 3 months. When payroll thought I lived in NC, it didn't cost me anything. When I changed my address, I received a new card in the mail from a new health insurance co and a letter from UPS saying my previous health care plan was not available in my new state (FL). I haven't had time to look into it further, so I guess it just depends on where you live.

As for upgrades, I was talking to the people that handle bids yesterday (I'm new to the process and this is my first bid). They told me an upgrade bid will come out in August that will go be offered to the February 2005 and earlier classes. The first year, while you are on probation, they don't have to let you upgrade, but they said they need guys to, so they are offering it up to those that have just recently been hired as SOs. So, I guess the answer to that question is it depends on the company's needs. I'm sure some will choose not to upgrade, for the reason Brown Cow said, and those slots will then filter down to the new hires.

Justed finished Basic Indoc from the June 13th class. 20 line and 1 management in the class. Ages from 30-46 with the bulk (2/3) being in the 38-41 range. Like mentioned above, a good mix from all backgrounds. They purposely do that which is a good thing.

The class has 11 FOs (2-727, 6-757 SDF Dom & Int, 3-757 ONT). SOs a mix of 727/DC-8. I may be off a number or two because I don't have my class list with me, but I think it's pretty close. Many are flightinfo readers but have been too busy to post. We all have long weekends this week (3-5 days) depending on aircraft.

Pool bottom feeder

They interviewed two guys from my current employer last week so the interviews must be still going strong.
My fear is as long as they keep interviewing people that score well, the bottom feeders like me are in for a long swim! (Almost 5 months and counting). If the pool is down to 70 then that could be a good sign, who knows?

FBT,

Yes, this is the place I want to be. I am in a worse place with BIGGER problems. It is a fight that I think you guys will win.

As for the poolie numbers, 70! I last heard about a 2 months ago it was like 50. Well, I am forgetting about this place, holding back in things for too long now. I have been in for 7 months.

LLB

not sure how to respond to the idea that the company is inclined to offer the ipa a 20% pay increase.

let's say our eb has said one week for a lbfo to be presented if not then the presentation will be what has been presented so far. then it will become clear what the company thinks of a proven safety and reliability record.

i wonder what the average age of a"new-hire" will be while we are on strike?

fbt

Latest resources

Back