UPS average hiring age?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
L'il J.Seinfeld said:
In regards to the pay, that has to be rhetoric, right? A 20% increase would only restore the value of the compensation to what it was in 1998 before the effects of 7 years of inflation. I assumed that the new contract would be a minimum of 20% increase and probably more since UPS has done so well. Compare the pay scales at UPS and SWA and SWA is much better. I assumed that UPS would leap frog SWA. Am I crazy to think that the end result will be an increase of 20%?

Yeah but UPS has a much better schedule, better lookin flight attendents, and better .............nevermind

WillowRunVortex said:
Yeah but UPS has a much better schedule, better lookin flight attendents, and better .............nevermind

No flight attendants.....music to my ears.

O.D. said:
Justed finished Basic Indoc from the June 13th class. 20 line and 1 management in the class. Ages from 30-46 with the bulk (2/3) being in the 38-41 range. Like mentioned above, a good mix from all backgrounds. They purposely do that which is a good thing.

The class has 11 FOs (2-727, 6-757 SDF Dom & Int, 3-757 ONT). SOs a mix of 727/DC-8. I may be off a number or two because I don't have my class list with me, but I think it's pretty close. Many are flightinfo readers but have been too busy to post. We all have long weekends this week (3-5 days) depending on aircraft.

OD

How is UPS currently selecting who goes to what seat? I heard UPS used to tell you during training what seat you are training for and that you had no choice. Then I heard your seniority in the class is based off the oldest person and then works down. Is this senority order the same pecking order for seats, or does UPS still do it the old same way?

Thanks,
GB

gucciboy said:
OD

How is UPS currently selecting who goes to what seat? I heard UPS used to tell you during training what seat you are training for and that you had no choice. Then I heard your seniority in the class is based off the oldest person and then works down. Is this senority order the same pecking order for seats, or does UPS still do it the old same way?

Thanks,
GB

They ask your preferences of what available for the class by seniority and seniority in the class is by age. They then consider past experience such as type ratings for international, but I don't think that mattered in our class, we got what we wanted of what was left over.

Latest resources

Back