• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim47:

You and are are thinking about the same thing with reagrd to upgrades.

When ASA was growing (measured by block hours) we got ahead of ourselves and hired Captains right off the street. As you know this was because we hired many first officers who did not have the experience required to upgrade. Many of those FO's in the 500's to 800's in current seniority now want to upgrade.

Regards,
~~~^~~~ fins to the left!

Upgrade at PSA is at 2.8 years right now. It might go down a little with the arrival of seven more Dorniers, we have an option on six more, so who knows.

Regards

Smoking Man

mesa airlines
be1900D= less than 1 yr
erj= 2 years
crj200= 4 yrs
recalled 21 this month and all 317 should be back by summer.

Mesaba:

Saab and Avro upgrade times: I am 23 1/2 years old. I will be forced to retire due to the age 60 rule before I can upgrade.

Yeah baby!!!!

Comair....

Still looking about 2-1/2 years. 36-39 planes this year. Lots of F/Os will be limited by 3000TT requirement, so if you have your time it might be alot less.

Last fall they had to junior man several from my class into EMB CA because no one else had the TT. These guys had never even had a chance to fly the line... EMB training, then CRJ training and then junior manned back to the EMB and had to go through EMB training again for the upgrade.

Why? Prior to 9-11, upgrade on the Brasilias and ATRs at COEX was less than a year. We had no problems with pilots that upgraded quick. As one of my fellow Beech drivers used to say, "A six year old girl retard could fly a 1900." It's pretty easy. :D

Not with me on it, she can't. Judgement takes a bit longer to learn than that, especially when a lot of your pilot's previous employment was as a flight instructor. Nothing against those guys, but I'm glad my airline requires 3000 hours total and 500 company time to upgrade. I think that should be an FAR.

i had a freind with 2100TT and 700ME upgrade to captain on the 1900 last summer with 80 hours in the beech at mesa. This was also the only 121 or turbine time he had. Ahhh.. the good old days..

Skydiverdriver wrote:

. Nothing against those guys, but I'm glad my airline requires 3000 hours total and 500 company time to upgrade. I think that should be an FAR.

We'll you probably need to count out any operators flying 1900's in the US right now then. Maybe a lot of brasillia operators too. By the way, have you sat in a left seat of a 1900, brasillia, or any commercial aircraft in a 121 operation? Just curious to see what your personal experience is on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back