• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad-dasher

anyone know what the upgrade times are at varios regionals.
( Air wiski, ACA, Comair)

ASA not currently upgrading into the E120.
CRJ200 is currently running around four years.
ATR72 is running around four years, no recent movement
CRJ700 is just starting first class. At the moment this is ten years plus, but will surely come down.

This is ATL base info. Dallas is upgrading on the CRJ, but it went senior for February.

Those with laptops can probably give you better information straight from the pilot lounge. I'm not sure that anyone knows what the hiring / upgrade picture is for ASA since there remains much uncertainty regarding the phase out of the E120's.

At Continental, you can upgrade from 737 f/o to COEX RJ f/o in about three years. If you were hired at Express off the street in the last year and weren't a flushback, you could have expected a one year upgrade from RJ f/o to your old 172 CFI jobs in about a year. 100 more upgrades in March and April. Stay tuned.... :D

Horizon has stopped up grades. infact there are about 50 downgrades. so it was at 2.5yr to dash 8 200 cappy, now who knows!

~~~^~~~ said:
ASA not currently upgrading into the E120.

Guess you didn't hear the latest story. Recent RGT classes are being told (from training department staff) that we now are keeping 16 E120s in ATL and 20 in DFW. This is essentially the fleet we have now. The reason given for this change is that Delta requested it. The E120s make too much money since 4 pax breaks even and it would be too costly to put RJs (flying less than full) on those cash cow routes like GTR-AEX, ILM, etc. In accordance with this, we are out of FO reserves in DFW and ATL will run out soon. Trg dept is predicting that we will run out of E120 CAs by the summer and upgrades will resume.
Our lines actually increased from Jan to Feb!

Thanks - the story on these E120's keeps changing, but I understand we do have the gate space to keep them now.

Maybe I will have to get used to "Gear down, props 100, landing check to the line" again.

Originally posted by ~~~^~~~
Thanks - the story on these E120's keeps changing, but I understand we do have the gate space to keep them now.
Maybe I will have to get used to "Gear down, props 100, landing check to the line" again.

Only if you're going to do it from the left seat! ;)

Oh yeah, forgot to mention... we got the TWA and USAir/Metrojet gates on Concourse D. This is what's making it all possible. At least for today. Next week, we'll be back to "all jets". :D

In case anyone is interested, Eagle right now is only upgrading jet Captains. It takes about 10 years for either the EMB or CRJ700. Both the Saab and the ATR are at about 4 years, with no upgrades in sight. 300+ on furlough, no recalls planned....

Upgrade from C182 captain to CRJ FO is running around this September. Upgrade from FO to captain at Willy....um, not for a while. People have to leave for their to be room for upgrades.

Fins and IFF, If this is true (last I heard it was 28, 14 ATL, 14 DFW) then that is good news as we are still getting our original number of 70/50/40 seat RJ,s. With an additional 8 E-120's staying and 39 RJ's comming (4/month starting last Dec) by 12/02, things should deffinitley start moving. This would explain the 40/month new hires projected for the year. I know that during the last two months, about 20% of my flights (ATR) have been downgraded to E-120's due to loads (and possibly maint). This may be something that Delta wants to keep doing (right AC for the load). I am not sure of the exact number of E-120's on the property at this time, but with all of the diplacements and retraining happening, I cant help but think that we still have a significant number of E-120 guys. They could stop the displacements as I cant see them continuing with retrianing when they know they will be short this summer although the big growth will be DFW this year and there arent a whole lot of ATL guys volunteering to go to DFW. Additionally, right at this moment, we are still fat on RJ crews. I think that upgrade time for a new hire will be solely attributed to ASA growth as I dont think people will be leaving for at least 3-5 years. That means if we slow growth in 03 for instance, a new hire could take 6 plus years. For me, with a seniority number right around 1000, it will probably be 3 years from hire to the left seat. That means another 15 months, yuk! What do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back