• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

upgrade time?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Unless you are a wholly-owned subsidary of a contract carrier!!! Talk about the lowest of the low!!!

Mesa 1900s are running about 12 weeks. What's the rush anyways? You're not going to have many stories to tell to major airline interview boards with only a few years regional experience.

upgrade times here are expected to drop to 3-4 years.

Eagle is owned by American so no need to worry about losing our contract with our mainline!

Uh, no they're not. At least not by anyone who really understands what drives the upgrades (growth and attrition from the left seat, neither of which are significantly happening here, and the flowbacks leaving will only get through the top 400 FOs over a period of about 3 years). At best we will see 5 years for a brief period of time if non-flowback attrition picks up. And, if age 60 goes away then upgrades will be a dozen years because there will be nowhere for the current captains to go. Not trying to pee on your cheerios, I just don't think an Eagle newhire should count on less than 5 years to upgrade.

And if you think this job is rock solid secure you're doubly delusional. Sorry.

well at Colgan you start at 350 seniority. 175 to hold captain. they upgrade about 5 a month. so if you do the math we are talking about 35 months. of course there is massive FO attrition so you can shave that down to about 24-30 months.

Yeh your welcome I might have moved you up one number Suppah! I was one of those FO's that left. SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YA!

CHQ is prob. around 1 year, XJT is running around 16-17 month for ERJ upgrade, and Comair most junior CA was just awarded and she was a 3/06 hire on the RJ. But you never know, upgrade changes at the drop of a nun's panties.....

1 year at CHQ. it seems low. can somebody else confirm?

Latest resources

Back