• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

upgrade time?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I absolutely DO count per diem. I EARN it. It's income whether or not it's inteded to reimburse me for something. I pack my food and spend and about $7 per day to eat. The company pays me $38. That's a big profit, that's income.

This is from my latest pay sheet with two months to go. Of course I've had to work my azz off to do this. I'll time out Dec 2 and get paid whatever my Dec. line is worth.

TOTAL YTD EARNINGS
YTD Earnings: 45,132.72
Taxable Income: 34,617.03

I absolutely DO count per diem. I EARN it. It's income whether or not it's inteded to reimburse me for something. I pack my food and spend and about $7 per day to eat. The company pays me $38. That's a big profit, that's income.

This is from my latest pay sheet with two months to go. Of course I've had to work my azz off to do this. I'll time out Dec 2 and get paid whatever my Dec. line is worth.

TOTAL YTD EARNINGS

You are lying! Look at my avatar. Eagle pilots only make $18,400.

Last edited:
You are lying! Look at my avatar. Eagle pilots only make $18,400.

LOL! Yea, that was first year and it was tough! BTW, to answer your question before you edited your post, NO, I am not proud of how much I earned. It's pitiful to fly a modern airliner all year and wind up with that! My point was simply to explain why I stay at Eagle with uncertain upgrade time. It's not bad for a regional f/o and it's a livable wage for me. No wife, no kids.

I stick around because aside from upgrade time, it's a great place to work for me and I live 20 minutes from the airport. I hold good lines with 14-15 days off and this year I'll make almost $50,000. Crew scheduling doesn't bother me and I've never even met my chief pilot. I NEVER get hassled about sick calls and have never been called on my day off.

As for the upgrades, I predict the roof will blow off of this place in the next 6-12 months. Recalls to AA start in January which will mean 450 flowback captains going back to AA and probably another 450 Eagle captains with AA flow-through numbers. That'll mean 900 upgrades, that's almost 1/3 of all fo's. Of course it won't happen overnight but the company is worried enough that they have already contacted ALPA about possibly front-loading captain upgrades. They don't want to get caught with their pants down.

Bottom line: I like my job, a lot!

IHF

Wow, first positive thing I have read about Eagle. How long have you been there?

I stick around because aside from upgrade time, it's a great place to work for me and I live 20 minutes from the airport. I hold good lines with 14-15 days off and this year I'll make almost $50,000. Crew scheduling doesn't bother me and I've never even met my chief pilot. I NEVER get hassled about sick calls and have never been called on my day off.

As for the upgrades, I predict the roof will blow off of this place in the next 6-12 months. Recalls to AA start in January which will mean 450 flowback captains going back to AA and probably another 450 Eagle captains with AA flow-through numbers. That'll mean 900 upgrades, that's almost 1/3 of all fo's. Of course it won't happen overnight but the company is worried enough that they have already contacted ALPA about possibly front-loading captain upgrades. They don't want to get caught with their pants down.

Bottom line: I like my job, a lot!

IHF
I second this. I have the same experiences with Eagle.

TOTAL YTD EARNINGS

Well, good for you. I don't understand how you enjoy flying that much each month, but that is your choice. You do realize that there are jobs out there that pay you more than $50,000 per year without flying 1000 hours per year! Oh and by the way, you don't have to count your per diem as income.

Wow, first positive thing I have read about Eagle. How long have you been there?
Then you need to read more. Eagle is the absolute best place you could want to work as a regional pilot. Espically with the AA recalls, think what you want but this is a great place to work.

Latest resources

Back