• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Upgrade time at SWA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe the SWA guys who went to Jet Blue were lazy, did not like working for a living, were rich and could take a huge pay cut to go sit in the front of an automated airplane? Anyway thanks for the initial respones.

sf260pilot said:
Maybe the SWA guys who went to Jet Blue were lazy, did not like working for a living, were rich and could take a huge pay cut to go sit in the front of an automated airplane? Anyway thanks for the initial respones.

Funny, you must not have seen a modern 737....

All airliners are automated ya jacka$$!

Just because one has more than the other means nothing, if you want to really feel like you worked a full day go get yourself a job at Mesa flying a B-1900..

Idiot...

7S3W7A said:
If the age requirements go to 65 it'll be 10 years.

Senior guys got thousands of stock options. Junior not. Senior guys living on "A" scale wages all their lives. Junior won't be. Senior guys can now chose to retire at age 60 if they want. Junior now forced to work to 65 to recuperate losses.

Greed....

This is not true. For one the plan is to phase in the new age 65 one year at a time. Even if it changes all at once it will delay your upgrade about 18 months. If your lucky enough to be healthy enough to fly to 65 it will add at least 1 million to your 401k.

jhill said:
This is not true. For one the plan is to phase in the new age 65 one year at a time. Even if it changes all at once it will delay your upgrade about 18 months. If your lucky enough to be healthy enough to fly to 65 it will add at least 1 million to your 401k.

Thanks, I would like to retire at age 60 but now I won't be able to.

18 months are you smoking something? All hiring will be halted and you are assuming our growth rate won't fall off after 06'. You think when our hedge runs out we are going to be expanding like gangbusters? I don't know but when our hedge runs out after 06' the first order of business won't be to spend money on things like new planes and airports.

I happen to be one of the individuals who left SWA for JetBlue. I left in August after approximately nine months at SWA (Nov 04 Class.) I live in NYC and decided living in base would greatly improve the quality of my life. I'm very fortunate to have worked for two incredible companies. I have no regrets and strongly believe there's a place for both airlines in this industry.

7S3W7A said:
Thanks, I would like to retire at age 60 but now I won't be able to.

18 months are you smoking something? All hiring will be halted and you are assuming our growth rate won't fall off after 06'. You think when our hedge runs out we are going to be expanding like gangbusters? I don't know but when our hedge runs out after 06' the first order of business won't be to spend money on things like new planes and airports.

Will you please GO BACK to your former legacy carrier when they recall you? Please.... we don't need your kind here.....you should change your name to "the sky is falling, the sky is falling 7S3W7A" or maybe just "pigpen" would work

SWA/FO said:
Will you please GO BACK to your former legacy carrier when they recall you? Please.... we don't need your kind here.....you should change your name to "the sky is falling, the sky is falling 7S3W7A" or maybe just "pigpen" would work

Yeah, here at SWA we aren't allowd to express opinions againts the senior guys. You think censorship goes on on this board just speak out against the age 60 rule at SWA or junior bashing that occurs with sideletters. Don't even think about speaking against the $160k stolen out of our pockets. It's okay because senior guys make the money and junior guys are working extra days.

Now I know why people are leaving for jetBlue.

Latest resources

Back