• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Upgrade time at JetBlue?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Who's the one teenager retiring in 2053?

Retiring in 2053 puts him/her at 25-26 years old. Not too bad. Looking at the retirement numbers by year he/she should start to get real senior by the 2030s and still have 19 to 20 years left to go assuming retirement at age 65.

I hit 65 in 2039 so on that list I wouldn't see any movement until my last 10 years at best.

Last edited:
Except for the fact that 20 year olds in China will be flying our airplanes from their couches while playing Xbox at the same time. Can only imagine what this industry will look like in 25 years.

We've been hearing that future batches of cadet pilots will have zero flight hours. They'll be qual'd in the sim, then straight to the line as relief pilots...can't wait.

We've been hearing that future batches of cadet pilots will have zero flight hours. They'll be qual'd in the sim, then straight to the line as relief pilots...can't wait.

Miracle in the Hudsun, Asiana, Colgan, etc have done a pretty good job making sure experienced and qualified pilots stay in cockpits for a long time to come.

Latest resources

Back