• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Updated SWA New Hire info.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
about how long ago did you new hires submit your app? did you have any inside help? I sent my resume with a friend and my online app today...
sounds like a great place to work

Having inside help will not help you at all UNTIL you recieve an interview.

I haven't really been following SWA in the 9 months since my first interview.
From buds working there when the turbine PIC min was upped 1300 indicated there was division within the company about raising it. Did a changing of the guard happen or is SWA having problems finding quality candidates? I have a hard time believing it was the later.
Any idea of how long second time guys are waiting for another attempt?

Second time guys have a much higher percentage of success. The PIC requirment was changed due to the lowering number of military folks that are able to achieve the 1300 PIC requirment once they get out. The percentage of folks being hired is about 60 percent civilian and 40 percent military. SWA tries to keep this about 50/50. Some guys are getting out without the requirements and have no way besides working at regionals or other outfits for years before getting more PIC requirments. Hence, why it was lowered.

Also, in your second try, you only compete against those that previously interviewed when determining who get's a second shot at an interview. You don't compete against those still waiting for the first try.

2 months is not too long, that's with no inside help? just the online app? I have a buddy that could talk to somebody if it would help

Latest resources

Back