• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Updated SWA New Hire info.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would cut them a little slack. The email is just an update on when they can expect, not the actual class date, right? Anyway I would hope so.

rek

REK....you are correct. For training classes, they just send you an e-mail inviting you for training the next month (received mine yesterday!). You have to get in contact with them to get the specifics.

Back in July 06, I received an e-mail with no subject line. I almost deleted it thinking it was more junk e-mail......it was my invited for an interview!

How bout you guys helping out the old SWA/FO from all the injustice on flightinfo.com? Where are my SWAPA brothers when I need them?

Peace out....

Your SWAPA brothers are at the Age 60 Blitz....Then they're off to the headset blitz...

New Stuff??

On the weekends do not bunker down in your room and study all day. It is the exception, not the norm for the guys who do the hotel vanishing act. As a matter of fact may I suggest Cowboys Red River on any weekend night. More hot Texas women than you can shake a stick at. If you have a light Friday, go on Thurday. All the off duty rippers are there in droves. Does not matter if you don't like C&W music either. If you like women you will get over the music. About a $15 cab ride each way.
That is the best piece of advice I have ever given a bunch of new hires. Peace out!

"I suggest Cowboys Red River on any weekend night."

100%, grade A, amen to that brother. You could easily have more good time than you bargained for there.

congrats to everyone goin' down to Dallas...

just wanted to throw in my $.02 for what it's worth (about $.01)...

The better you know the flows, callouts, etc before you go the more fun newhire training is going to be. If it's not a blast something has gone drastically wrong. Study beforehand so you don't have to waste quality social time in Dallas studying all the time. Don't be '"that guy" that's never around because he's always studying or "that guy" that has to raise his hand every 5 minutes in class to ask a stupid question or show off his intimate 737 systems knowledge. Getting on board with the culture is at least as important as the classroom stuff. I'm still tight with just about everybody from my newhire class and that was 2 1/2 yrs ago. Have fun and enjoy the koolaid... it tastes good....

about how long ago did you new hires submit your app? did you have any inside help? I sent my resume with a friend and my online app today...
sounds like a great place to work

Latest resources

Back