• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Update - US Airways Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok guys. Let's bring this conversation back to the topic at hand. US Airways recalls. There is no reason (I can think of) why General Lee would post here. The topic has nothing to do with him or his airline.

The America West pilots who read this board have a right to do so, but only out of morbid curiosity. The pilots who this thread directly impacts are those who have been furloughed by US Airways.

As Flylow22 put it, "on the street". To answer the question that was directly posed to me, no -- I am not unemployed. After the furlough I had the misfortune to go work for PSA for a little while (Dornier 328 F/O -- not J4J). I left there to work for another regional as a CRJ F/O... and left that regional to fly corporate where I remain.

Although I am not unemployed, I still would count myself among those "on the street" from US Airways. I gave them 3+ years and feel that I have some vested interest.

Ok, now for the question and answer period.

Do I feel as though I should be recalled ahead of an AWA pilot who has been on the property continuously over the last 3 or 4 years? No.

Does my opinion matter? No.

Am I pissed off at the provision in the East proposal that I be furloughed ahead of any AWA pilot junior to me for a period of 12 months following recall? Pissed? Sure, but not surprised. ALPA is latin for "I got mine, screw you".

Do I have a right to expect ALPA to fight for the best integration they could possibly get me? Yes.

Do I expect anything other than a screw-job from ALPA? No.

Will I return to US Airways? Depends on my position on the merged seniority list, along with potential pay and retirement. If the deal is better at USAir than where I am currently employed i'll come back. If not, one of the CEL guys can have my spot.

Am I concerned about human factors issues in the combined AWA/USAir cockpit when all is said and done? You betcha.

If I do accept recall, how will I get along with the guy in the left seat? Gear up, clear right, I'll take the chicken.

In summary: Despite all of our differences, we can all complain about having to fly with Chip Munn together. :)

...OK there are a whole lot of dmbshts who think their opinion about seniority integration counts and that any body besides there pet rock gives a rats about how bad the outcome should suck for everyone but them. Save your opinions for when you do show and tell at the chief pilots office.

In summary: Despite all of our differences, we can all complain about having to fly with Chip Munn together. :)

I thought everyone called in sick when they see him on their flight?! You don't?

"I thought everyone called in sick when they see him on their flight?! You don't?"

The thing about being junior on reserve is when all of the senior folks called in sick when they had to fly with him, us junior pukes got stuck with him.

Oh, but Bender, Green and his ilk would like to take advantage of the 2500 retirements that are going to occur in the East over the next 8 years. They care not about you or your prospects at the new airline. They would like to see themselves upgrade before an East pilot hired in 1989 ( I'm guessing Green was hired in 2000/2001 ).

The East proposal effectively creates fences for the next 7 years to protect both sides from hugely unfair seniority leaps from happening. The West proposal is the worst case scenario and is about as bad as the AA/TWA integration, yet Green comes on here and complains ad nauseam.

We did, but Green jumped into again. A response to his immature ramblings had to be made.

Sorry, it doesn't work that way. Conjecture at best that U would have failed without AWA. I could easily say that, in time, AWA would have failed without the benefits of U's traffic in the east.

It's Nicolau, and I agree.

Now back to our originally scheduled recall thread, thanks for playing :)

TP[/quote]

Seem's to me your schedule at Emirates doesn't keep you busy enough.....

PHXFLYR:cool:

In reality, you guys would have gone Chap 7 had AWA not come in and rescued you. The arbitrator will see that, and he actually stated something in those lines when AWA was cross examining your bottom furlough at East. If you think any furloughed pilot should be ahead of any current line pilot, you are dreaming. Thems is the breaks.

Bye Bye--General Lee

what he said......

It was my Magic 8-ball. dang thing got me through groundschool since my Ameriflight days.

My point Dogwood is that we got to get over the seniority integration thing. IT IS OUT OF OUR CONTROL NOW. All arguments are equally stupid at this point. We need to focus on getting a contract that makes gains for all pilot groups.

This place is falling apart. A guy in the elevator said the other day that Doug has done in one year what Frankie couldn't do the whole time he was here, he wrecked the place. My feeling is that the USAir culture has absorbed AWA. Instead of the fun place with a can do attitude now its F the man!

AWA is dead. USAir killed it.

They sure did, and it didn't take them very long to do it. Let's see, how many does that make now??? Piedmont,PSA, Trump Shuttle and now us.Not to mention their wholly-owned regionals Piedmont and PSA. Good thing for the Delta folks Parker's hair-brained scheme to merge with them fell apart. Sure would hate to see them dragged down to USAir's level.

PHXFLYR:cool:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back