• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Update - US Airways Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bender, what does it mean to be "on the street"? I take it you're not literally living on the street. Are you totally unemployed, or is your current job something other than flying?

Are you really that dense?

"On the street" is a slang term and it is used in the context of employment as it relates to US Airways as a pilot.

He has been "on the street for 5 years."

Hope that helps.

I know. English sucks.

In reality, you guys would have gone Chap 7 had AWA not come in and rescued you. The arbitrator will see that, and he actually stated something in those lines when AWA was cross examining your bottom furlough at East. If you think any furloughed pilot should be ahead of any current line pilot, you are dreaming. Thems is the breaks.

Bye Bye--General Lee

So says you. I guess that means it's right... we'll see.

So says you. I guess that means it's right... we'll see.

My 2 cents is that if there were any furloughed pilotsd to go ahead of any awa pilots it would be the 1990 and earlier hired furloughed pilots. Since they have around 15+ years of service and Nicolau might take that into account. But as far as the 98-99 furloughs and the CEL pilots. I cant see them being anywhere else but the bottom since they have 3 or less years of service.

They come back at their paygrade on the 15 year level in fact all F's come back at the pay level for time of service, they just don't get to bid above me for vacation and upgrade.

We need to discuss contract negotiations, this is pointless.

FYI - On the west side there have been flight cancellations beginning in the end of March due to a lack of crews. Mgmnt decided to stop all long course training out west, i.e. no upgrades or equipment moves. Will this last until the integration is complete? Who knows - but at the moment there are not enough pilots in the west to fly west metal.

FYI - On the west side there have been flight cancellations beginning in the end of March due to a lack of crews. Mgmnt decided to stop all long course training out west, i.e. no upgrades or equipment moves. Will this last until the integration is complete? Who knows - but at the moment there are not enough pilots in the west to fly west metal.

You mean we're behind the eight ball? I'm shocked, just shocked.

We'll see alright. It is just common sense. You'll see.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General,

You are the proof in the puddin' that common sense... ain't so common.

While I appreciate your opinion, it's just that... and so is mine.

Anything either of us (or any of us for that matter) have to contribute to the conversation is worse than deducting an answer to this issue using a combination of guesswork, spider-sense, ouija board usage and the act of decoding the meaning of a smile on a dog.

How do I feel? I feel that a 1999 hire at US made it "to the show" earlier than a subsequent hire at AWA. I applied earlier and got hired earlier. I feel that time served is worth something. 3 years is three years. Those other guys have but in 15+ years you say? no. Many spent 7 years on furlough during the 90's. Using your calculatiuon method, I have 8 years seniority now at U.

US was affected by 9/11 more severely than AWA hiding out in CMH/LAS and PHX. The combined affect of 9/11 and the prolonged closure of DCA was too painful.

DON'T BOTHER REBUTTING THESE POINTS. Really. They are my opinion only.

In the end, the decision will be made, each furloughee will vote with a yea or nay and that will be that. Until the next merger anyway....

What disturbs me here is how the saga continues in regards to pilots wanting to screw other pilots around. Have we not learned yet? We are all contract labor and we have, as a group, been getting our collective asses kicked inside out by management for years.

Things will not change until we can look past short term deviations and distractions and see the long term goal; Strength through Unity.

When that is possible, the rest will fall in line. Without it you have, well... check out the last 20 years or so. Also, check out the average W2 for pilots over the same period.

General,

You are the proof in the puddin' that common sense... ain't so common.

While I appreciate your opinion, it's just that... and so is mine.

Anything either of us (or any of us for that matter) have to contribute to the conversation is worse than deducting an answer to this issue using a combination of guesswork, spider-sense, ouija board usage and the act of decoding the meaning of a smile on a dog.

How do I feel? I feel that a 1999 hire at US made it "to the show" earlier than a subsequent hire at AWA. I applied earlier and got hired earlier. I feel that time served is worth something. 3 years is three years. Those other guys have but in 15+ years you say? no. Many spent 7 years on furlough during the 90's. Using your calculatiuon method, I have 8 years seniority now at U.

US was affected by 9/11 more severely than AWA hiding out in CMH/LAS and PHX. The combined affect of 9/11 and the prolonged closure of DCA was too painful.

DON'T BOTHER REBUTTING THESE POINTS. Really. They are my opinion only.

In the end, the decision will be made, each furloughee will vote with a yea or nay and that will be that. Until the next merger anyway....

What disturbs me here is how the saga continues in regards to pilots wanting to screw other pilots around. Have we not learned yet? We are all contract labor and we have, as a group, been getting our collective asses kicked inside out by management for years.

Things will not change until we can look past short term deviations and distractions and see the long term goal; Strength through Unity.

When that is possible, the rest will fall in line. Without it you have, well... check out the last 20 years or so. Also, check out the average W2 for pilots over the same period.

You crack me up. Aren't you the same flylow22 who tormented the UAL pilots years ago during the "proposed merge" with them, asking how you can get your hands on a 747 manual?
Your seniority brings nothing to the new company pal! All you bring to the new company is a furlough number!
Thanks for playing!

You crack me up. Aren't you the same flylow22 who tormented the UAL pilots years ago during the "proposed merge" with them, asking how you can get your hands on a 747 manual?
Your seniority brings nothing to the new company pal! All you bring to the new company is a furlough number!
Thanks for playing!

And thank you for contributing positively to the conversation. You contributed absolutely nothing useful by the way. Just typical attack, repeat attack.

The UAL merger was alot of "fun" (for some). I won't revisit... no need. Pilots getting angry at pilots for the sake of one-upsmanship will get us nowhere. We don;t need to talk about 747s or "career expectations". At the rate things have been trucking along the last several years, I don't think many can claim good career expectations.

I'm not your pal but I am your Brother.

Further, I'm not sure what, if anything, I will or will not bring to "Big Mesa" (US Airways). I'm still collecting information. I'm collecting information to make an informed decision; not one based on pilot rumor and opinion.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back