Update from 9E

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FlyinPiker said:
I have no idea what kind of scope protection you have in place at PCL.

From Section 1.B.4:The Company will not create or control another airline for the purpose of transferring the assets of the Company to such airline and avoiding its obligations to the pilots of the Company under this Agreement.

The second certificate was originally created by the company in an effort to bid for 70-90 seat flying for an airline other than NWA. To avoid NWA scope language, a new certificate had to be created. If the flying is to be done for NWA after the relaxing of scope, then there is no need for the second cert. The flying could then be done on the Pinnacle cert. With the loss of revenue from NWA right now, it is expected that all expenditures on the second certificate are suspended indefinitely anyway. The Pinnacle BOD has stated that all unnecessary capital expenditures have been stopped. Even without the delay, the second cert is still at least 6-12 months from being ready for anything. Any 70 seat flying that becomes available will almost certainly be placed on the Pinnacle cert and flown by Pinnacle pilots.

PCL_128 said:
From Section 1.B.4:The Company will not create or control another airline for the purpose of transferring the assets of the Company to such airline and avoiding its obligations to the pilots of the Company under this Agreement.

It's language.....but pretty weak. I'm sure like all of you I wouldn't count anything out. Nevertheless I am keeping my fingers crossed for both XJ and 9E......while I'm at it I might as well throw in Comair and evey other regional. It's seems nothing is certain these days.

PCL_128 said:

XJ had the same thing until they formed the "holding company." Then we had to scope that. Unfortunately, scope is never as solid as it seems for regionals.

Butters said:
WTF? You rip on everyone else for being uninformed yet you have a holier-than-though attitude saying you have it all figured out?

Go spout your knowledge on some other board. You're just taking up space here.

Nope, I never said I have it figured out. I am along for the ride just like you are.... The real information is not available. So trying to figure out what is going on with press releases, SEC website data, rumors and flightinfo screen names is simply futile.

What makes the situation fustrating is the 'discussions' on this message board don't have a respectable sounding board. Most guys are too lazy to read up on airline industry history, becuase they aren't really interested in being effective Air Line Pilots outside of the cockpit. Which doesn't make sense because one would think they would.

Actually what most lazy people want to do is log onto FI to try and cram how they think the world works into thier limited space of thinking. Sure you may have won the one-upmanship dual on the message boards, but has the world really changed or just your elevated self in your own mind?

Is one of the experts offended? Your avatar and attitude will get you an audience in the crewroom.....but that's about it....

Last edited:
Rez O. Lewshun said:
Is one the the experts offended? Your avatar and attitude will get you an audience in the crewroom.....but that's about it....

Offended by you? Not in the least.

Yet it's funny that once again, you have to take a cheap shot and sound like an elitist. Thanks for proving my point.

There is one thing I don't understand. Why is Pinnacle parking airplanes if XJ is currently taking delivery of new CRJs.

Last edited:
SpartyOn said:
There is one thing I don't understand. Why is Pinnacle parking airpalnes and XJ currently taking delivery?

XJ and Pinnacle are parking planes. XJ delieveries have been delayed until financing is figured out (if it's figured out). If XJ CRJ deliveries are continued, it is only because they were awarded prior to bankruptcy.

Basically they are pulling back flying at mainline and both regionals.

Butters said:
Offended by you? Not in the least.

Yet it's funny that once again, you have to take a cheap shot and sound like an elitist. Thanks for proving my point.

Elitist? Hardly. Knowing that I am a blue collar hourly worker, I know have more in common with hotel maids and factory workers than most pilots realize.

Elitist? Nope, we are all in this together. I prefer Egalitarian. I'm really not that smart, maybe just well read... and maybe been thru the whole BK thing a couple of times....

Butters said:
XJ and Pinnacle are parking planes. XJ delieveries have been delayed until financing is figured out (if it's figured out). If XJ CRJ deliveries are continued, it is only because they were awarded prior to bankruptcy.

Basically they are pulling back flying at mainline and both regionals.

Right back at it.....

Last edited:
Butters said:
XJ had the same thing until they formed the "holding company." Then we had to scope that. Unfortunately, scope is never as solid as it seems for regionals.

Fortunatly for PCL pilots the Pinnacle holding company was formed after this agreement was inked and when you take the above quoted bit of scope language and combine it with our succesorship language you have pretty good scope protection.

B. SUCCESSORSHIP
This Agreement will be binding upon any successor or merged Company or companies or any successor in the control of the Company, regardless of the nature of the transfer of control (including purchase, sale, merger, consolidation, acquisition, leasing of the operation, reorganization for the benefit of creditors, and bankruptcy) unless or until changed in accordance with the provisions of the Railway Labor Act, as amended. As soon as the Company becomes aware of a transaction described in the foregoing sentence and it is legally permissible to disclose such information, it will advise the MEC Chairman.

Latest resources

Back