• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Unprofessional controllers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I heard those Eagle guys. I didn't know who it was, just thought it was rediculous.

BTW, if you ever hear him talk to a foreign carrier, he promptly goes into standard phraseology mode. Its like someone hitting a switch.

Best- NY app. dep. cntr...they rock!
JFK, LGA (well, most), EWR controllers

Worst- HPN unbelievable how long you can spend on the ground there!
CLE- App...let's circle round the lake one more time so they can figure it all out!
IAH- It's not the controllers as much as it is the procedures...clearance to taxi stinks

ORD, by far the best in the world!!!! Great sense of humor as well.

IAD, the worst in the nation. A CTAF is more efficient than these clowns. PATOMAC sucks as bad. Just the other day on final, IAD twr told the airplane clearing the rwy at the third highspeed to "call ground on 132.45, and next time use the second highspeed". What nerve.

IAD needs to swap out controllers with PIT, since PIT is now deserted.

V-STALL said:
CLE bites the big one! Double downwind, 30+ miles, slow to 170, what do you mean you can't accept that in icing conditions, fly you right up someones ass, no plowing the runway SUCKING airport!

And I think I held a couple of things back.

The "great mistake by the lake" airport....too bad it didn't burn with the river that caught fire there some years back

CVG definately sucks. 20 mile finals at 180 kts, hate the place.

PIT rocks... SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYAAAAAAAAAA!

CMH they suck too, theyre just inept. 2 airplanes inbound from opposite directions and all hell breaks loose.

MCO, TPA- good folks, good job

Who is the female controller in Atl center(?) that allways says "contact so and so on 123.45, twenty three forty five have a nice rest of the day"

Another vote for IAD...From Hawthorne we ALWAYS get 19L when they are landing south, and the multiple freqs for the taxi are a pain in the arse.

Not Potomac Approach, but flying into IAD one morning over MGW on the arrival, "Turn right heading 180, slow to slowest practical airspeed for spacing". After wallowing around the sky at .46M at FL370 for 15 minutes, we ask if we can increase speed. They reply "Oh yeah, normal speed now, direct DRUZZ". Evidently, we had to slow and turn to make spacing for a King Air 10K feet and 180 knots slower than us...

RDU is no good. I had no problems at ORD or IAD. Never had a big problem at IAH either in 8 months of being based there. The new ramp frequency is a big help.

Tried calling the tower in HPN starting 5 miles out. Kept trying the whole way down til we finally got a response when we were 1/4 mile final. What was the response? "umm what is your position?" That was a go around. I have tons of other HPN experiences but that is my favorite. THEY SUCK!!

BOS is my favorite. They move traffic well and have fun doing it.

Nassau BLOWS

I not an airline guy (yet), but I have seen plenty of you regional guys down at MYNN. Going there always make me appreciate flying into any US airport. Do you remember the old James Bond movie when he land at Nassau on the Pan Am 707? Well, I don't think that they have added any new technology to the airport since then.

The taxi times at that airport are completely ridiculous. Last time I was there, after departing on 27, the tower gave me this EXACT clearance: "Blue and White plane on the departure end of 27, contact departure controller...." This same controller had just given us takeoff clearance no more than 30 seconds prior. Departure then proceeded to vector us right into the path of a XJT 145 that had departed on 36. I think we would do better there if there were no tower or approach at all.

BOS Rocks, and MHT (MHT guys know us Pilatus drivers have 20 knots on the RJs on final :) ).

Latest resources

Back