• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Unprofessional controllers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PIT has some of the coolest controllers. I miss going in and and out of that place. I would love being "cleared for an immediate departure, traffic on a 2 mile final". IAD does not put you on the runway if there is another airplane within 5 miles of the runway. Also the PIT controllers just have a cool attitude. Although I could deal without having a "Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiicccccccccccccccccceeeeee Day."[/QUOTE]

By far PIT is one of the best in the country. Especially with the "CCCEEEEEEEEEYAAAAAAA BYE!!! guy that rides the Harley with the pony tail. He also works up in SBN. ATL and ORD are awesome too. Is Buzz in ATL?

Ms Cleo sure knows how to ruin a wet dream in LGA. She needs to stick with her part time Psychic hotline job...it fits her better.

CLE bites the big one! Double downwind, 30+ miles, slow to 170, what do you mean you can't accept that in icing conditions, fly you right up someones ass, no plowing the runway SUCKING airport!

And I think I held a couple of things back.

pianoman said:
ORD doesn't seem to bother me; doesn't matter where you're taxiing just do it fast. NY airports are great.

IAH........ part of the problem and the reason guys screw up taxi instructions is that they don't use taxiway names when giving instructions. If you're not based there and they say take "A" when it's actually "NA" you may miss it. Also the only airport I can think of where you have to call CLEARANCE to taxi every time.

Agreed

Z28_Pilot said:
Wow!!!.......you have got to be the biggest loser I've seen on this board yet....all you do is complain about regional pilots over and over again!! Whats the matter your wife isn't home so you can't throw a beatin' into her??? You are really one class act! I can't wait till your pension runs out and you can't pay your internet bill anymore!...that would make my day LOSER!

no the problem is his WIFE is WITH a XJT pilot.....

IHaveAPension said:
Probably due to all the inexperienced XJet pilots there.

Beats being senile like you old farts who can't even wake up long enough to answer a radio call. :eek:

No contest - ATL has the best

No Contest!

ATL has the best controllers around ... friendly and efficient.

On the other hand...

CHS APCH has the worst. They hammer weekend pilots all of the time because they can get away with it. They've tried to get smart with working pilots and had it handed right back to them. They're like schoolyard bullies. They like to pick on the little guys, but when someone who knows their game gets back in their face, they back down like wimps.

Got to go with BOS folk being pretty cool. Just allways seem to have the mix flowing just right. Ms.Cleo in LGA,, well,,, affirmative action, don't ya know. BEST smaller group has got to be PWM. Hands down.

DPA- DuPage Airport. The only place I know that will make G-IV go around because of a Warrior.

3 sperate times they have given position and hold instructions while I was on final
Traffic isnt over whelming, compared to the areas like ORD and IAD, but these guys talk to you as if you were bothering them.

Ron Mexico said:
no the problem is his WIFE is WITH a XJT pilot.....

It's all starting to make sense now ;)

BOS tower is fantastic! ATL, ORD, DCA also great. CVG is doing much better, and squeezing departures out between landings which is why we are always 5 miles in trail on final.

RDU...well, "Slow to 160" then not more than 3 seconds "I need you to pick it back up to 200", then within a heartbeat "Slow to final approach speed, you're following a Cherokee"..."go around". This scenario seems to happen a lot...:D

Latest resources

Back