• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Diesel

TEB Hilton resident
I guess 89 percent of us did the talking. Bye bye Fab 5

Fab 5 should have been outta there over two years ago. The vote to get off the Train Wreck has come awful late!

Hope there is still time to keep the train on the Tracks!

Thank God!

Vermuelen and his band of merry IDIOTS have done so much damage to this pilot group and this industry that SU fights a very tough and uphill battle.

No one should ever forget what they have NOT accomplished in the years of their disservice.

And I am going to puke if I hear one more person say "they did the best they could." BULLSH!T, doing the best they could means they would have asked for help from an extremely experienced pilot group and not listened to a lawyer with ZERO, SQUAT, NADA, 0 aviation experience.

"Konishiwah B!tches" Wu Tang Clan

Well Guys and Gals, I hope the SU MEC is all you want it to be. Time will tell. I do wish you the best.

I have seen this "OFF WITH THEIR HEADS" mentality before when the sitting MEC could not produce a CBA that met the desires of the rank and file. A new MEC is voted in with great fan fare only to find that is easy to be the hero and almost impossible to be the administrator.

As for the possibility of an all fractional pilots union separate from the IBT, there is a real wait and see mentality floating around the other fractional shops.

Gray Eagle,

You make a very good point. In some ways we may be expecting more than SU can deliver and time will answer that question. However, those of us who have had the pleasure of being represented by the last 5 MEC members and the 284 can attest to any new leadership will be better.

I hope someday those who wish can read our last contact and the one we voted down. Set aside the lack of any real progress in either document the TA's were supposedly proof read and approved by our lawyer. We actually had several pilots take the documents to labor attorneys in order to get a neutral opinion and lets just say these neutral opinions were embarrased for us.

We truly have the opportunity to make a difference now. Hopefully we wont squander the chance.

The newly elected MEC's postion on an all fractional union is actually an all fractional pilot local under the Teamsters. If the Teamsters balk or don't support us, then we go independent. They're pretty sure the problem has resided at 284 not at the Teamsters.

Last edited:
Gray Eagle, there is a huge difference between StrongUnion and the average MEC. SU is not just a new slate of 5, but 5 leaders backed up by 100 volunteers! If you think of a movement instead of just a change of representatives, you will begin to see why we are so confident that help is on the way. My husband is very involved in the behind the scenes work that has been going on non-stop for many months. I can assure you that SU actually ran on their record and not on promises of what they plan to do. They've been leading the NJ pilot force for some time now; today just made it official. Now they will move quickly to implement the plans and broaden the projects that they and their cadre of volunteers have been working on diligently since the POSTA was released. Just tonight they "unveiled" a brand new website for frac pilots and owners. It is still in the construction phase in some areas, but they are moving quickly to make information available to all interested parties. Check it out and you will begin to understand our enthusiasm. http://www.asapflightdeck.com/

NetWife, I have previewed the new web site and I have followed the babble on the boards and on the road for sometime now. I understand the discontent of many and the outright disgust of other NJ pilots. Time will tell. Having seen similar events in other locals more than once, it is possible that in three years those so popular now will be the next victims of the discontent of the rank and file.

Whether the New guys actually made promises is a matter of opinion. The expectations of the rank and file have not changed since the beginning of the original negoiation. The rank and file expects the New MEC to deliver what they expect and, most certainly, the new MEC did not run on a platform of reduced expectations.

If the end result is the failure to deliver on existing expectations, then "Off with their heads."

Latest resources

Back