Unofficial Results. SU IN Fab 5 OUT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Strong Union"

Due to the lack of leadership and a "weak" stance with the company the SU folks decided to name the slate they were running on. I suppose more of a battle cry than anything. It worked, landslide victory.

Got ya. I checked out the new website very impressive. Just waiting for more info on there so I can get some info from them.

Again Good Luck to you guys/gals.

You might be part of us soon.....if the rumors are true. Our situation could become yours. Hopefully it will be a good one.

Netjetwife

Sit down and put your seat belt on. The road will be much more bumpy than you expect! You have an excellent positive attitude. Hope you don't get your feelings hurt.

SU has a big job to do and its going to be a tuff road! Hopefully the wheels won't fall off.

Fracster said:
You might be part of us soon.....if the rumors are true. Our situation could become yours. Hopefully it will be a good one.
Well nothing against you guys but I am hoping not to be part of you guys or be part of the mess at Options anymore soon anyway. I am sick and tired of incompetent management and no respect for the job I do.

Post wasn't clear--sorry about that.

I'll explain my thoughts better. When I said that SU had run on their record and not on promises, I didn't mean to say that they have NOT promised the pilots something. I was just making the point that they have given the group more information and work than the Failed 5 ever did--and they weren't even in the position, officially. We have all watched them organize their volunteers and keep the group informed of happenings and plans. We had reasons to believe that they mean business; we could judge them by their works and not just their words. How often does that ever happen?

The promises they have made are ones that they CAN keep: to stand up for the pilots; to be proactive; to communicate (the new website is an example of that); to fight for what the pilots say they want in the survey. Which BTW, they went out on their own and found a professional, reputable company to work with. The survey the Teamsters sent out was not acceptable/adequate.

If they fail to live up to these promises, then they will deserve to hear "Off with their heads"! Luckily, there are so many volunteers deeply involved with SU that the pilot force would not be left in the dark until the end of their term. The great thing about SU being more of a movement instead of just a slate is that there are lots of pilots to help with the mission AND hold their feet to the fire, if it comes to that.

http://www.asapflightdeck.com/ See this website for the answer to this question, and others. Lots more info on the way as the site is brand new. Yes, the NJ pilots are in the process of gaining their own local under the Teamsters. Their reasons are spelled out on the website. SU is the name of our newly elected (by 88%) MEC, PLUS the many volunteers that are working within the organization of ASAP---lots of dedicated people working hard for the good of the entire group of pilots and their families. SU's concern doesn't stop there, however. Check out their website and you'll see what I mean. Their interest includes the owners of the planes and the pilots of other fractional companies. The new website has areas for all of those involved in the industry; some are still under construction so do check back often.

Latest resources

Back